DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So blurry.???

laura schlenker

Reactions
Hi guys after trying 3 pair of readers, I still can't get my new goggles clear. I'm not a super picky person and I don't need it perfect but I'm getting very concerned I don't even like using them at this point. I don't wear glasses but decided to try a few pairs and even though it's a little better it's still very blurry.. is it possible something in settings needs changed? I'll take any help I can get , this is getting really frustrating. The image just kinda looks like a painting , I can't see details at all.

To me, blurry is out of focus. To say it looks like a painting would be smeared. Typically blurry or smeared would be analog problems, and blocky (as you described in another post) would be a digital problem. You're describing the problem in three different ways, can you be more precise? Have you had someone else (with good vision) look in them? Do you see the same thing on recorded video or from a HDMI source?

If glasses are helping at all, at least some part of this has to be related to your eyes.

I understand how confusing my description must be, it's even got me baffled on how to explain it. I actually hope it is an eye issue so somehow i can solve it. I haven't watched the video yet since I've had the goggles but I've never had any vidieo that was blurry. I just can't see any detail, it's like I wouldn't be focusing the camera bit I am focusing it. Everyone I know has poor eyes so that won't be of any help to me lol.

If the DJI Goggles app and also demo videos aren't perfectly clear, then its either your eyes are defective, or you haven't adjusted the spacing between the lens comfortably, or the unit is defective itself. It would be useful to know how close a phone screen can be to your face before it starts to get blurry. For me due to having astigmatism, things are a little bit blurring vertically, but on horizontally its so clear that I can see the thin black vertical lines that separate the pixels.

The demo vids are very blurry, I ordered some +4 readers tonight so I will see if they help, if they don't then I think it's the goggles itself. Mabey I didn't realize my eyes were as bad as they are because with all the reading I do online I can stretch the letters bigger, so I didn't realize I was that bad? I guess I'll know soon enough when the glasses get here.

Even people that don't need glasses to read may well have to wear glasses to see the screen on the DJI goggles. The focal distance is so close on the goggles, like 8-10 inches.
Yes I'm starting to realize that now lol... I'm even more surprised the strength of glasses I'm going to need, I have +3.25 and still pretty blurry so I'm going to they a +4 , I thought you would have to really have eye issues to have to use plus 4...

Guide to selecting the right diopter for the goggles
focus-fixers[/QUOTEyes I saw those thank you, the odd thing is if I went by there suggestion without trying on readers here are home to see what ones I need I would have bought the wrong ones from them... realistically from everything that page says and I've read online I should only need a +2 or just a little higher. But even a + 3.25 is still very blurry, so I'll be trying a plus 4 before I buy the focus fixers.

Well my glasses came in the mail from amazon today, in about 30 minutes when I get to try them on I'll know if I wasted 500$ or it was well spent

I took the plunge.
Normally I wear +1.5 reading glasses. I'm using +2.75 with the goggles and is quite good now. The real issue is that DJI needs to put diopter control into the googles. Focus should be OOB, out of the box. There is very little room between the eyes and the lens, I often feel the google frames need more distance and cushion from the face.

My only other complaint is the headband approach. Very uncomfortable and really no ability to adjust for comfort and fit. (a baseball cap worn backwards has helped a lot)

Version 1.0 for sure... Lots of room for improvement. expensive toy that will likely get a lot of shelf time...

I took the plunge.
Normally I wear +1.5 reading glasses. I'm using +2.75 with the goggles and is quite good now. The real issue is that DJI needs to put diopter control into the googles. Focus should be OOB, out of the box. There is very little room between the eyes and the lens, I often feel the google frames need more distance and cushion from the face.

My only other complaint is the headband approach. Very uncomfortable and really no ability to adjust for comfort and fit. (a baseball cap worn backwards has helped a lot)

Version 1.0 for sure... Lots of room for improvement. expensive toy that will likely get a lot of shelf time...
So when you look through yours is it as clear as looking at your tablet or phone? I just can't seem to get a clear picture, expecially the things on the near distance on the goggles look out of focus for me.

So when you look through yours is it as clear as looking at your tablet or phone? I just can't seem to get a clear picture, expecially the things on the near distance on the goggles look out of focus for me.

I use an iPad Mini 4 as my DJI Go4 app display of choice. Naturally, the goggle wont have the same resolution as that display, however yes-- the goggles are nice and clear, and in sharp focus now. If they were comfortable to wear, sat a bit further off the face with a little more cushion, and had a soft flexible headband, these would be the killer combination with my MP!

Next year, version 2 will likely have much if not all of these enhancements. Until then, baseball cap, limited use cases, enjoy for what it is...

It's kinda funny they fit my head really well and are very comfortable to me, now if I just had your eyes lol.

Reactions: NAUIDIVER
Hi guys after trying 3 pair of readers, I still can't get my new goggles clear. I'm not a super picky person and I don't need it perfect but I'm getting very concerned I don't even like using them at this point. I don't wear glasses but decided to try a few pairs and even though it's a little better it's still very blurry.. is it possible something in settings needs changed? I'll take any help I can get , this is getting really frustrating. The image just kinda looks like a painting , I can't see details at all.

Hi Laura,

have a look at this focus-fixers

Yas

Reactions: Greenflash
Hi Laura,

have a look at this focus-fixers

Yas
Hi there, thanks. Yes I've been looking Nat those but I need to find out what strength I wear before I can order them. That's why I'm trying on glasses. Keith a member here was kind enough to send me several pairs of glasses of different strength. When they get here I'll try them and after I find hopefully the strength that works for me I'll buy the focus fixers.

You have to use at least one more diopter than you use for reading glasses because the screen is so close. If you use a 1.5 or 2.0 for reading then get a 3.0 for the DJI goggles. I use 2.0 for reading and got the 3.0 focus fixers suggested by someone else here and WOW! They really work great! The whole screen is incredibly sharp from edge to edge.

You have to use at least one more diopter than you use for reading glasses because the screen is so close. If you use a 1.5 or 2.0 for reading then get a 3.0 for the DJI goggles. I use 2.0 for reading and got the 3.0 focus fixers suggested by someone else here and WOW! They really work great! The whole screen is incredibly sharp from edge to edge.
See that's the odd part is I dont even wear reading glasses.. I see really well untill about 6 inches in front of my face .and who holds a book that close? So I'm amazed even the plus 4 didn't work for me.

See that's the odd part is I dont even wear reading glasses.. I see really well untill about 6 inches in front of my face .and who holds a book that close? So I'm amazed even the plus 4 didn't work for me.

If I were you I would stop in and see an optometrist and if you don’t have one then Walmart is a good option. He can tell you what you need down to the nanometer. Beats all the guess work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe