DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So Illegal

And if it turns out that this hobby is simply too dangerous and the necessary safety requirements end up preventing it from being a "fun past time" then that's the appropriate outcome. Just because something is fun doesn't mean that you should necessarily be allowed to do it.
This drone pilot was obviously grossly irresponsible and in violation of multiple current FAA rules; “Do not fly over 400 feet. Give way to, and do not interfere with maned aircraft.” come to mind among others.

Having said that, there are a host of everyday activities that are dangerous to others and can cause tremendous harm IF YOU BREAK THE RULES AND ACT IRRESPONSIBLY. Driving a car comes to mind as does recreational boating and even flying manned aircraft. The rules in this case, ARE in place. This hobby is not too dangerous, irresponsible people are too dangerous in this activity as in many others. That does not mean the government gets to over regulate it to the point of impracticality for the many tens of thousands of people that enjoy using drones. This would leave room only for commercial users like Amazon. That is not the way free societies, for and by the people, are regulated.

Reactions: Thanev and Romonaga
Anyone know what is the role of the one jet on the far wing? Does that one just keep eye out or is he part of show?

Googled I did.?
The pilot of the seventh jet acts as a spotter. They are also generally accompanied by a photographer who takes pictures

9 post have been deleted as they were OT
Ok guys maybe when more info
comes out on this someone can message me and I will reopen it but for now I think it’s not going anywhere .
IMG_9413.png

Last edited:
9 post have been deleted as they were OT
Ok guys maybe when more info
comes out on this someone can message me and I will reopen it but for now I think it’s not going anywhere .
Ok more news so this can continue but guys stay true
to the subject and no more Top Gun crap..
@Vic Moss ya made it in this article ?

I guess its fake.
It looks like to me that it was recorded from the ground on a exibition then mixed with a record from a drone flying with the same movement as the recorder on the ground did. The mix from the 2 videos is not that hard to do.

I guess its fake.
It looks like to me that it was recorded from the ground on a exibition then mixed with a record from a drone flying with the same movement as the recorder on the ground did. The mix from the 2 videos is not that hard to do.
Part was videoed but from a roof top but don’t think it’s fake.
Everyone is entitled to his opinion and guess in time after it
is investigated we will all know.

Reactions: marcosvc
It is me or since the last thread closure warning above have a few posts (and a member) been removed?
You read it,posted in it what do you think.
Lets not mention it anymore. ?

I have the e-mail notification of that deleted thread...let's just say that no comment is/was required by the moderator for the deletion of that comment as well as banning that member!
I can swear pretty darn good...I guess 36 years of living in Australia, I've had a good schooling in swearing ;-)
But that comment which was deleted has absolutely NO place in ANY public forum and I agree, that member should be banned for life!

Reactions: old man mavic
I have the e-mail notification of that deleted thread...let's just say that no comment is/was required by the moderator for the deletion of that comment as well as banning that member!
I can swear pretty darn good...I guess 36 years of living in Australia, I've had a good schooling in swearing ;-)
But that comment which was deleted has absolutely NO place in ANY public forum and I agree, that member should be banned for life!
I agree. This was an easy one. Published community standards are helpful. It's when post land in the gray area or an unpopular view is expressed that things can get confusing.

Guys let's let this go. If you had read what the member had posted you would understand there was no reason to comment it was deleted.It was not any grey area in what was posted it was a direct attack at me
and extremely inappropriate .
Now lets get back on topic as all of this is against the guidelines anyway as you message one of the staff with stuff like this not post about it.
Thanks.
Now lets get back on topic. :)

Reactions: old man mavic
Ok (stretches fingers). What do we have for an update?

Do they have mister lucia? Did he left the country, went into hiding? Is this a fake or what?

Ok (stretches fingers). What do we have for an update?

Do they have mister lucia? Did he left the country, went into hiding? Is this a fake or what?
You've read all we got so unless you have anything you have read all we got. :) .
( sighing deeply)

I dunno guys.

I have a feeling it wont lead much for mister lucia.

I mean he didnt kill anyone. He might get a ticket and a short jail time just like you would when driving wrecklessly.

What you guys think?

Depending on if they did an airspace closure like the often do for a full airshow, most of that 'could' be legal. It appears to be building top level with video cropping.

The last shot is the one that should get a visit from the scary men, because it was dangerous and stupid.

I put my Mavic Mini in the air at ~ 350 AGL feet with full LAANC approval and shot the flyover of two large Airforce Airlift Jets who flew the region on a set scheduled path to honor medical workers. They were probably 1000 feet AGL on either side. 62nd Air Wing liked my share on their Facebook.

Note: I am well aware of the social medial back seat driver/pilot universe. So I tagged my video upfront as LAANC approved. Living within the 5 miles of a regional airport at the end of a runway, I apply for LAANC just to fly around the block. Especially with the new Air 2.

Those were Boeing C-17 Globemaster III's by the way.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid