DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So my M2Z crashed in the water today

I use CsvView --> CsvView Downloads which reads both DAT, TXT & CSV logs. But the above wasn't from a DAT log ... it was from Litchis own logs as a DAT log isn't created using that app.
I tried csv viewer, but the .dat file is jibberish, cannot decipher. I read in another forum that the .dat files on Mavic are encoded...perhaps that is why?

Last edited:
Even with the lost drone, this could possibly be covered under warranty, but because Litchi was used, there aren't any DJI sanctioned logs to prove it.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I am thinking IMU failure with a possible crash sometime in the past or previous water damage. Maybe the OP can fill in those details ?
No previous crash or water damage!
So there was about 10 people flying all types of drones. Someone else that was at the Drone meetup, suggested it could have been interference from a fpv drone. In the past I know FPV drone pilots said that we interfered with them flying, if the controllers or drone were near each other.
Could this be a factor?

So there was about 10 people flying all types of drones. Someone else that was at the Drone meetup, suggested it could have been interference from a fpv drone. In the past I know FPV drone pilots said that we interfered with them flying, if the controllers or drone were near each other.
Could this be a factor?

No not in my experience, what happened here is strange enough to send in the claim to DJI despite the fact that you do not have the drone, have you considered that ?

No not in my experience, what happened here is strange enough to send in the claim to DJI despite the fact that you do not have the drone, have you considered that ?
I have the DJI Refresh and have started a claim. Not having the drone is not an issue (Fly away, crash, lost, water is covered), lets see what the engineers say. Some of us is going at low tide to see if we recover the AC today, just in case.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I have the DJI Refresh and have started a claim. Not having the drone is not an issue (Fly away, crash, lost, water is covered), lets see what the engineers say. Some of us is going at low tide to see if we recover the AC today, just in case.
Be sure to send them the Video Footage of the drone with the Data Logs , because they will ask you for that to help them make the assessment.

DJI have usually been very reluctant to honor any kind of warranty if the AC have been used with another app than their own.
This is misleading.
DJI don't have a problem with you using 3rd party software and DJI will honour their warranty as long as you can provide evidence that proves that the cause of the incident was a DJI-caused issue and not something caused by the 3rd party software.
I'm not aware of any incident yet that was shown to be caused by 3rd party software.
But DJI won't accept flight data produced by 3rd party software, they want to see something produced by their app or from the internal data recorder.
Unfortunately if you cannot retrieve the drone DJI cannot examine the internal data recorder which is what would be required in this case.

Reactions: Peio64270
Could this be a factor?
No ... if you are standing very close (<10 ft) to another flyer, you may experience a little interference that's easily cured by moving further away.
But that interference will only make your screenview a little glitchy.
It won't affect control of your drone and at worst, it would only swamp your control signal which would (for normal flight) initiate RTH.

SInce this was a Litchi flight, the drone wasn't being controlled by your controller, it had downloaded the flight plan to the drone itself and on losing signal, would have continued to fly the plan.

UPDATE:
Good News

Thank you for taking a look at the data and your analysis, interpretations, advice, opinions and misinformation.

From DJI:
"The unfortunate incident that occurred to your aircraft has been confirmed as a warranty case according to our data analysis.

If the aircraft cannot be recovered, we would like to offer you a replacement, Mavic 2 Zoom aircraft (without the remote controller and battery charger)"

Last edited:
UPDATE:
Good News

Thank you for taking a look at the data and your analysis, interpretations, advice, opinions and misinformation.

From DJI:
"The unfortunate incident that occurred to your aircraft has been confirmed as a warranty case according to our data analysis.

If the aircraft cannot be recovered, we would like to offer you a replacement, Mavic 2 Zoom aircraft (without the remote controller and battery charger)"

Thats a huge win in my book, I had a feeling you were do for good news. DJI can surprise you as we have gotten some replacements along the way. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Reactions: powertrip
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN