DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So, weird issue with my Mavic Air connecting to my phone today

Ace79

Reactions
Beautiful day, perfect weather, go to fire up the Mavic Air and connect my phone and BAM it won't connect to the display. The controller was lit up green so it was connected, just not the phone. I have a 3rd party mount for my controller so I use the USB on the bottom of the DJI remote. I use an S7 Edge and the DJI Go app.

-When I plugged it into the bottom of the controller then to my phone it would start the app by default like it is set to when it detected the USB, and it would even charge my phone so I know it's a good connection.
- I restarted everything, phone, controller, Air...no luck
- I even tried my wife's phone (Motorola G6) and it did the exact same thing. Would charge but not let me connect to Air display.
- Luckily but oddly, the side controller port worked fine and I was still able to fly. But I hate using it that way.

Any thoughts?

Did you look to see if some dirt was in the bottom port. Must be the port or the cable since the side one still works .

Did you look to see if some dirt was in the bottom port. Must be the port or the cable since the side one still works .

I did check but it's not the port because it still charges my phone fine. Just won't let me connect to the aircraft

Try a different cable. Make sure it is not one of the cheap “charge only” cables.
For clarification, only one USB port on the controller can have something plugged in. If you leave the stock side cable plugged in the side connector, even if it is just the cable, the bottom usb is at least partially disabled.

Try a different cable. Make sure it is not one of the cheap “charge only” cables.
For clarification, only one USB port on the controller can have something plugged in. If you leave the stock side cable plugged in the side connector, even if it is just the cable, the bottom usb is at least partially disabled.

Yeah I tried a different cable and no luck either, and I made sure there was only one USB plugged in at a time.

So at this point I ended up chatting with DJI support this morning and to they gave me a troubleshooting software to install on my computer. First I had to connect my Air and refresh the firmware then factory reset it. Did that with no problems. Next they had me try the same thing with the controller but I couldn't get the computer to identify it either. So they are having me send the controller in for repair which really sucks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa