DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Soaring over the Snow Frosted Mountains

IlluminationsfromtheAttic

Reactions

Winter has finally arrived in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest, and with is the delicate frosting of snow that settles over forests, peaks, and valleys. As the sun lances through the temporary retreat of the storm clouds that so filigreed the subalpine landscape, the snow melts where the light touches revealing the shimmering green hidden beneath the monochrome veil that so concealed it mere moments prior.

Thanks for the look around - Great music for your vid!! Nice contrast to see some trees have snow, some not.

This video serves as something of a documentation of how beautiful this area is right now. Sadly it's all owned by private timber companies, and within the next few years will be butchered and made unrecognizable by clearcuts.

The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife has in the past proposed acquiring part of this land as a wildlife area, but little progress has been made in that direction. Please write to them and ask them to expedite the expansion of the Mt. St. Helens Wildlife Area, and to include in that project the land on either side of the highway to protect the scenic canyon of Hoffstadt Creek, as well as the hills and mountains rising above it: [email protected]

The Toutle Mountains across the valley are owned by the Washington Department of Natural Resources, and are also in danger of logging. Ask the WaDNR to set the Toutle Mountains aside for conservation and recreation: [email protected]

Winter has finally arrived in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest, and with is the delicate frosting of snow that settles over forests, peaks, and valleys. As the sun lances through the temporary retreat of the storm clouds that so filigreed the subalpine landscape, the snow melts where the light touches revealing the shimmering green hidden beneath the monochrome veil that so concealed it mere moments prior.
Beautiful video. I already wrote and sent the letter as you requested.

Dale
Coral Gables, Fl.

Take note my fellow droners, this is close to the perfect video. Great flying, very smooth, slow, but not too slow, movement, you get to see the shots without them being too long or short and the music was perfect as was the length. Fantastic job Illuminations from the Attic!

Take note my fellow droners, this is close to the perfect video. Great flying, very smooth, slow, but not too slow, movement, you get to see the shots without them being too long or short and the music was perfect as was the length. Fantastic job Illuminations from the Attic!
Thanks! That's high praise indeed, I'm glad you enjoyed the video.

Awesome, Very nice!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato