DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Software to use to edit video? (Plz help, newbie)

Dejongdude38

Reactions
Hello Mavic community! I am looking into buying a Mavic Pro but have on issue, what software can I use on PC to edit my 4k video? I have a computer that can handle anything so I just need software? I have heard of Adobe Premiere Pro but dont really want to spend a ton of money on software right now. Just looking for the public opinion! I am new to editing and piloting drones. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Try Davinci Resolve. The free version is more than capable. While the pc may be able to cope with 4K it is still a good idea to edit in proxy mode then do the final render in your chosen resolution.

I'd second resolve 12.5 - it's free and is very, very capable software plus there are tons of tutorials on youtube. Prepare yourself for a bit of a learning curve but it's good fun and doesn't take too long to pick up.

Another one here for Resolve...and now they have version 14. It's faster....and it's still free. As mentioned before, it does have a relatively steep learning curve, but there are lots of videos out there. However, there are limitations to the free versions:
and
DaVinci Resolve vs. DaVinci Resolve Studio: which version should I choose?

Other than that, the free version will be more than enough for our needs.

Reactions: lof
If you do choose Resolve you might find your 'PC that can handle anything' doesn't handle Resolve. What GPU do you have? If you don't have at least 2gb of VRAM then especially if you're doing 4K it probably won't play back realtime

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair