DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Solitaire Ace enclosures

Welsh pilot

Reactions
Got the Bt-300 and what are the positives and negatives to getting the solitaire.
I got DJI GOGGLES so why would I want to turn the Moverios into the same situation with no VLS?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill combs
I often fly from rough terrain in the Western Highlands in less than ideal weather and sometimes with midges.

I find the Solitaire keeps the glasses firmly attached to my head no matter what else is going on. The dark shades available from Rochester cut down glare while still allowing you to see around you well enough to navigate your immediate surroundings. The shades are magnetically attached so if I need to check the sky for possible air traffic I just flip them off and take a good look.

The enclosure does cut down peripheral vision but it's no worse a situation than having your head stuck in a Hoodman peering at a tablet. My own experience after a lot of flying is that beyond 100m with VLOS it is only possible to fly the drone accurately by looking at the screen and that gaining wider awareness by looking around is only possible at the expense of any manoeuvre being executed...

On re-reading my post, it seems a bit didactic because, of course, we each have our different ways of doing things. I've always suffered a lot from the glare from tablet screens and found that I can only get the view I needed by using hoods. If you have flown quite happily without having to stick your head into a hood, then you have had the advantage of a wider awareness which the Solitaire enclosure would compromise.

Reactions: Bill combs
I love my Solitaires. You still retain LOS - what you cut down on is glare and distractions. The dark sunshades are excellent for retaining LOS against a bright sky while seeing the screen clearly.

The only issue is getting the glasses into the enclosures...it's a tight fit, but once you get them in, they're great. Don't think you're going to take them in and out though...you'll leave them in once you try them.

- Gary

Reactions: Welsh pilot
I have been using the Bt 300 for about 7 months, the biggest benefit is the depth perception you get compared to using a regular tablet. I like to fly close to the ground and the bt 300 give me the confidence to do that type of flying. Tablets suffer from refection, hesitation (hic ups) and pixling, the only tablet I have use is on par with the bt 300's are the Crystalsky's.

Reactions: Welsh pilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky