DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

some good news from the BMFA

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
hi all my fellow UK flyers had a e mail today from the BMFA and it will have an impact on the up coming registration and test that is due soon, please check your inbox if you are a member to find out what is happening , once it has been finalised then i will bring it to the forum but it is a positive move in the right direction

I wonder, what do you do if you fly commercially and non commercially with the same UAV? Will you need to register for private use? Presumably the NQE Flight assessment will cover you for the test?

I wonder, what do you do if you fly commercially and non commercially with the same UAV? Will you need to register for private use? Presumably the NQE Flight assessment will cover you for the test?

I am sure a registered pilot would be able to fly over non commercial bit not vice versa ??

it would seem from some of the reports about the new rules that are being floated around, that all UAV pilots will be grouped under one designation for a certain weight of UAV regardless of what the UAV is being used for, and the need for a PIFCO will no longer exist but whether that turns out to be true remains to be seen

I am a commercial pilot and conduct commercial ops in my aircraft, and I don’t need to do anything extra to fly privately if I though the family in and head up the coast. I’m sure the same will apply to RPAS

If it is anything like flying in Ireland which seems to be based on EASA it is true that you don't need anything for flights that are classed as Low Risk, you can fly commercially without anything. You do need to register above a certain weight which costs 15Euros I think.
By low risk they mean away from congested areas etc.

However correct me if I am wrong but I don't think the UK is adopting this until 2022? So in the meantime...........

Reactions: old man mavic
The new EASA laws dont specifically split commercial v recreational. However, there's sill no reason a country cant specifically apply their own licence for commercial operations on top (and indeed, mandatory insurance etc). There'll also still need to be a mechanism for commercial that flies closer to objects, people, built up areas and so on.
I cant see PfCO vanishing any time soon for that reason.

EASA regs next year in some places but also whether the UK will still be in EASA after that who knows - its probable but not guaranteed.

The new EASA laws dont specifically split commercial v recreational. However, there's sill no reason a country cant specifically apply their own licence for commercial operations on top (and indeed, mandatory insurance etc). There'll also still need to be a mechanism for commercial that flies closer to objects, people, built up areas and so on.
I cant see PfCO vanishing any time soon for that reason.

EASA regs next year in some places but also whether the UK will still be in EASA after that who knows - its probable but not guaranteed.
There is already a mechanism in place within EASA for any flights that get closer to structures, vehicles people etc

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman