DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Some rigorous rules coming to Canada.

Wow this is really messed up, I can't think of a single place where I could fly with those rules. How can you make sure there's nobody within 75m of somebody unless you're in a desert?

Are there any threads of similar laws coming to the US?

Page 22 of this latest government document. Release June 24th. I see that the restrictions are somewhat less now and there seems to be a new weight class section for drones less than 1kg.

http://canadagazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2017/2017-06-24/pdf/g1-15125.pdf

Sure these are still very restrictive but I think a bit better than the previous rules. What do you think.?

Reactions: shuddee and Maxonio
So this brings it back into line with typical laws in many countries.... Bit lower (300') but the distance away from people and vehicels etc is similar to UK an dmuch of europe...
Fly your drone:
  • below 90 m above the ground
  • at least 30 m away from vehicles, vessels, and the public (if your drone weighs more than 250 g up to 1 kg)

Reactions: Maxonio
I called this kind of stuff back when the first GPS multirotor hit consumer hands. The RC community will now understand what gun owners have been dealing with for decades - irresponsible owners cause heavy restriction burden for all users... irresponsible owners continue to be irresponsible and not follow new rules, causing further restriction for all users... rinse and repeat until the drones are confiscated.
Well said!

What do you guys think? I kind of agree with some but not all... Just getting too strict now...

Drone knowledge testing 'to avoid disaster' part of Transport Canada rules proposal
You're a fool to agree with any of these lame restrictions. People like you who "kind of agree" with your knee jerk reactions to over inflated hysteria about small 2 lbs drones is what causes these ridiculous restrictions in the first place and then you all act so surprised at the wild restrictions.

Please name one "disaster" caused by a drone. Name one plane or any aircraft that has been remotely threaten.

And please, spare me the what ifs. Yeah, yeah....what if a meteor the size of Texas hits Earth tomorrow.

Fact is, if an commercial airliner is supsectible to my 2 lbs Mavic with its top speed of 40mph and if can catch and down a 100 ton aircraft traveling at 500mph then holy ****, I wouldn't fly anywhere anymore.

****, all ISIL has to do is get 20 Mavics and take out planes around the World. God help us all!!! The ISIL Mavics are coming! Please oh wise Lawmakers make us safe with more freedom sapping laws so we can have the illusion of being safe!! Yay to zero freedoms in the name of safety!

I bet you feel so much safer now. Right?

You're a fool to agree with any of these lame restrictions. People like you who "kind of agree" with your knee jerk reactions to over inflated hysteria about small 2 lbs drones is what causes these ridiculous restrictions in the first place and then you all act so surprised at the wild restrictions.

Please name one "disaster" caused by a drone. Name one plane or any aircraft that has been remotely threaten.

And please, spare me the what ifs. Yeah, yeah....what if a meteor the size of Texas hits Earth tomorrow.

Fact is, if an commercial airliner is supsectible to my 2 lbs Mavic with its top speed of 40mph and if can catch and down a 100 ton aircraft traveling at 500mph then holy ****, I wouldn't fly anywhere anymore.

****, all ISIL has to do is get 20 Mavics and take out planes around the World. God help us all!!! The ISIL Mavics are coming! Please oh wise Lawmakers make us safe with more freedom sapping laws so we can have the illusion of being safe!! Yay to zero freedoms in the name of safety!

I bet you feel so much safer now. Right?

yup exactly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3