DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Someone Try to Shoot Down My Mavic?

wayy510

Reactions

Mavic camera caught this. The "projectile" is too small and fast to be a bird and too big and slow to be a bullet.

No muzzle flash and no sound of gunfire. It comes from about 200-300 yards out at base of mountain and is moving pretty fast.

From that distance you could not see my Mavic coming unless somone had glass. Almost looks like a tracer but just too slow and big for a bullet.

The "projectile" is moving fast and has a very straight trajectory.

Very odd.

Last edited:
Lens flare, sorry, no drama.

Lens flare travling in a perfect straight line from the base of the mountain while the aircraft is moving quite steady and flying in one direction?

Yeah, that's it.

Doesn't look like an insect and seems to be moving very fast for an insect.

Attachments

• IMG_3221.PNG
    IMG_3221.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 592
Reactions: Mavicjon999
I was flying over a river and stopped to align the shot I intended on taking. I went home to review the video and saw that someone on the river bank threw a bottle at my craft.

Lesson learned: plan hit and run missions; don't loiter around or near people (especially crowds).

If someone shot at your Mavic they were probably shooting at birds too. Just a bunch of bored nuts.

Mavic camera caught this. The "projectile" is too small and fast to be a bird and too big and slow to be a bullet.

No muzzle flash and no sound of gunfire. It comes from about 200-300 yards out at base of mountain and is moving pretty fast.

From that distance you could not see my Mavic coming unless somone had glass. Almost looks like a tracer but just too slow and big for a bullet.

Very odd.
It does look like something was shot at the MP from the hill side. Did you fly closer to the hill where it came from? What is that it looks like a parking lot or something. Do you have more of the video to show after you seen it fly buy? I have a PCP air gun that is very powerful very accurate in a 22 cal but they have them in very big bore.

It does look like something was shot at the MP from the hill side. Did you fly closer to the hill where it came from? What is that it looks like a parking lot or something. Do you have more of the video to show after you seen it fly buy? I have a PCP air gun that is very powerful very accurate in a 22 cal but they have them in very big bore.
Unfortunately, I didn't see it while in flight and only noticed it after reviewing footage or I would have flown to that spot.

I have a bit more footage and got closer to the originating area but flew up off X shortly after.

The base of the mountain is a flattened dirt area where homes are being built.

Can your air gun shoot a round at 200-300 yards?

Reactions: dbrbjb and Blades
Ok I have no clue what it is! It is a UFO! Not sure if its a bug , bird , plane, rod, spitball or alien so I will just leave it as a UFO...

Last edited:
Reactions: flipf
Unfortunately, I didn't see it while in flight and only noticed it after reviewing footage or I would have flown to that spot.

I have a bit more footage and got closer to the originating area but flew up off X shortly after.

The base of the mountain is a flattened dirt area where homes are being built.

Can your air gun shoot a round at 200-300 yards?
My air gun can put 5 shots in a half dollar at 100 yards. But that was a gun that shot at your MP!

I am sure it is a gun after watching it on my 10ft screen from BenQ hd projector TV. I can see the muzzle flash just before it comes flying at you from that Hillside. That is so dangerous who knows where that bullet ended up. I would probably report it to the police!
Interesting. I hadn't noticed muzzle flash while watching on my computer or heard gunfire during flight.

I'll watch on my 65' Samsung as soon as I'm off duty.

Thanks.

Reactions: Blades

Very odd.
potato gun??

08d9d739b05d4ff399c12e24663a152c.jpg

Doesn't look like a bullet to me

Highly unlikely it's a high velocity rifle round.

A standard 5.56 (22 caliber) rifle round travels at roughly 2800fps / 1909 mph.

1 second / 30 (assumed frame rate) = 1 frame every 33.33 milliseconds.

2800 fps / 1000 ms = 2.8ft per millisecond.

2.8 ft per millisecond x 33 (milliseconds per frame) = 92.4 ft traveled per frame.

It's fast in the clip, but nowhere near that fast.

Let's not forget that even though stupid is prevalent everywhere, you don't start firing off rifle rounds in a densely populated area like that without being noticed.

Reactions: Blades and wayy510
08d9d739b05d4ff399c12e24663a152c.jpg

Doesn't look like a bullet to me

You can see it come from the hill and it is to far and flying to straight to be anything but a bullet. I will try and stop it right when I see the flash just before it hits 4 seconds on the video. The sun is hitting it and makes it more visible. Also if you shoot a gun and you're looking down the barrel you can see the bullet travel down its path. Take a look at this video.

Reactions: grizzard
The straight flight and distance is like a bullet but seems too slow. That why I'm very confused. It's just weird.

I set youtube to the slowest speed, and then went frame to frame. It appears to be a gun flash when it began. I'd also say that would not have shown up had you not been using 60fps on your camera settings.

Reactions: HHH and Blades
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan