Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

something different

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
hi fellow flyers
oops i have been a naughty boy ,and purchased a rival company's drone
i have had the MM since it first came out ,and it was at the time a real departure from everything that came before from DJI
but it was produced to satisfy the rules and regulations that were springing up around the world ,because it was in the sub 250g class
there were a lot of comments at the time about it and the fly app ,and many people felt it was a backwards step for DJI
Me i love the thing ,it fly's great takes a reasonable pic and the video is great for a hobbyist drone
its easy to carry and with my 4 batteries ,gives me around 75 minutes of video when i fly them down to the 40% mark
then along came the Mini 2 which improved in a few areas on the original MM
but for me the way i fly my MM ,those changes did not warrant going for it ,i have never lost connection with my MM so the occusync was not a necessity ,and until recently the computer that i use to view my videos ,could only handle 1080p without the picture stuttering on playback
but now i have a better computer which can play 4K without issues so i thought why not take a look at what was available from some of the other drone makers in the sub 250g sector
i looked at Fimi, Hubsan, and Autel , products and based on price and availability,and after watching lots of YT videos and reviews i plumped for the Hubsan Zino Mini SE'
why ,well i did not want the obstacle avoidance sensors that some of them had ,because i feel that in such a small drone they add complexity and weight and i myself have never felt the need for them
i am not going to go through all the specs of the drone ,other than to say that is has full manual control for both pics and video a version of enhanced WIFI transmission protocol which gives it a very good stable signal ,between RC, drone,and back, a downwards facing light for night time flying and the 3000ma 2c lipos give it a claimed 45 minutes flight time ,which we all know will be nearer to 30 or so minutes i have had 25 minutes of video at 40% battery remaining so far

disclaimer
the views expressed in this post are my personal take ,sorry it turned out to be rather a long post

OMM

hi fellow flyers
i have had the MM since it first came out ,and it was at the time a real departure from everything that came before from DJI
but it was produced to satisfy the rules and regulations that were springing up around the world ,because it was in the sub 250g class
there were a lot of comments at the time about it and the fly app ,and many people felt it was a backwards step for DJI
Me i love the thing ,it fly's great takes a reasonable pic and the video is great for a hobbyist drone
its easy to carry and with my 4 batteries ,gives me around 75 minutes of video when i fly them down to the 40% mark
but for me the way i fly my MM ,those changes did not warrant going for it ,i have never lost connection with my MM so the occusync was not a necessity ,and until recently the computer that i use to view my videos ,could only handle 1080p without the picture stuttering on playback
but now i have a better computer which can play 4K without issues so i thought why not take o look at what was available from some of the other drone makers in the sub 250g sector
i looked at FimI, Hubsan, and Autel , products and based on price and availability,and after watching lots of YT videos and reviews i plumped for the Hubsan Zino Mini SE'
why ,well i did not want the obstacle avoidance sensors that some of them had ,because i feel that in such a small drone they add complexity and weight and i myself have never felt the need for them
i am not going to go through all the specs of the drone ,other than to say that is has full manual control for both pics and video a version of enhanced WIFI transmission protocol which gives it a very good stable signal ,between RC, drone,and back, a downwards facing light for night time flying and the 3000ma 2c lipos give it a claimed 45 minutes flight time ,which we all know will be nearer to 30 or so minutes i have had 25 minutes of video at 40% so far

disclaimer
the views expressed in this post are my personal take ,sorry it turned out to be rather a long post

OMM
And I whent for a FIMI
hi fellow flyers
but now i have a better computer which can play 4K without issues so i thought why not take o look at what was available from some of the other drone makers in the sub 250g sector
i looked at FimI, Hubsan, and Autel , products and based on price and availability,and after watching lots of YT videos and reviews i plumped for the Hubsan Zino Mini SE'
i am not going to go through all the specs of the drone ,other than to say that is has full manual control for both pics and video a version of enhanced WIFI transmission protocol which gives it a very good stable signal ,between RC, drone,and back, a downwards facing light for night time flying and the 3000ma 2c lipos give it a claimed 45 minutes flight time ,which we all know will be nearer to 30 or so minutes i have had 25 minutes of video at 40% so far

disclaimer

OMM
And I whent for FIMI X8 and the next one will be V-Copter Falcon, but still fly my M2P.

As you walk alone now, and leave the father land , remember we will keep your place here for you.
Although the Mavic 3 is crippled now and the Mavic 2 getting old , one day DJI will soar once again and you shall come
back and pull the Sword back out of the stone. Ommmm

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain , Land on the Water.

As you walk alone now, and leave the father land , remember we will keep your place here for you.
Although the Mavic 3 is crippled now and the Mavic 2 getting old , one day DJI will soar once again and you shall come

Phantomrain.org
Oh Caol, a poet, and you didn't know it! (Say hello to Arthur for me).

hi fellow flyers
but now i have a better computer which can play 4K without issues so i thought why not take a look at what was available from some of the other drone makers in the sub 250g sector
i am not going to go through all the specs of the drone ,other than to say that is has full manual control for both pics and video a version of enhanced WIFI transmission protocol which gives it a very good stable signal ,between RC, drone,and back, a downwards facing light for night time flying and the 3000ma 2c lipos give it a claimed 45 minutes flight time ,which we all know will be nearer to 30 or so minutes i have had 25 minutes of video at 40% battery remaining so far

disclaimer

OMM
Traitor! No just kidding. 😉
Whatever blows your hair back!

I was trying to watch a “review” of the V copter but I couldn’t get past the ridiculously stupid behavior of that Ken Heron guy.
I agree with you, too much flames and ********,
KH is usually more serious.

Fortunately, there are several places to watch the V-Copter Falcon fly, zerozero.tech.

Phantomrain.org
He went over to the dark side!!! Long live Mordor.

Dale

Eureka!
Just received a very friendly email from zerozero.tech, I'll probably have a V-Copter Falcon in a week or so.
Will be back for price etc.

hi fellow flyers
i looked at Fimi, Hubsan, and Autel , products and based on price and availability,and after watching lots of YT videos and reviews i plumped for the Hubsan Zino Mini SE'

disclaimer

OMM
You surprise me OMM as I thought you were a dedicated DJI fan. I look forward to your experiences with the Hubsan (I started my drone life with a H501 back in 2017) as I am thinking of buying one for Christmas so please keep us informed!

Reactions: old man mavic
@OldGuy i am a dedicated fan of DJI products and that has not changed in any way
i just felt it was time to give another brand a go, and i have to say so far it has been a worthwhile experience, no issues with anything, all good for now ,and with its good flight time it will be another handy drone to chuck in the car for a good day out flying ,without some of the restrictions that will be upon us in the future ,but of course if DJI do decide to improve on the Mini 2 then i would certainly be looking at what was on offer if you are like me and dont need the obstacle avoidance sensors ,then avoid the pro version ,and go for the SE without them

Reactions: OldGuy
Yes, then my V-copter Falcon drone is on its way to me, unfortunately a bit of a hassle to pay, I am apparently the first drone pilot in Europe that zerozero.tech sells its Falcon to.

Proforma invoice no. 0001, but unfortunately we are here in Europe and Sweden, very committed to preventing money laundering, so we have replaced SWIFT no. With Bic number and regular account number against Iban number, which is not used everywhere in other values.

Price for the Drone US $ 1,119 as well as shipping and customs US $ 120 and US $ 100 respectively. A total of about US $ 1,500.

I will return with a report on the drone as soon as I have tested it.
Keep an eye out for a post under General Discussion with the headline:
The fellowships of the Drone

@TTP i really hope it lives up to what has been shown on the web
it is certainly something different and interesting,from all the other drones on the market
look forwards to your thoughts and experience with it

Reactions: slozukimc and TTP
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy