DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro South Beach Drone Panorama

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
I am putting the finishing touches on a new video, South Beach (Miami,Florida US). Video will be out soon. Shot at around 7 AM Sunday morning (Valentine's Day), February 14.

Attachments

• Drone Panorama SoBeach-looking North.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 89
Nice looking beach, very nice color... one tip, might try the "1/3" rule in the photo, especially if the sky is near totally blue with no/few clouds. (or solid white with haze or overcast). Using the 1/3 rule in your particular photo would cut out some of the blank blue sky and add more to the beach below. On the other hand when the sky is very interesting with clouds or whatever I often will do 1/3 ground, 2/3 sky (clouds). If the sky is hazy and basically looks white, or a solid overcast day I will even reduce my sky to as little as 10%. Also, these "rules" are guidelines, not necessarily applicable to every shot.... and when I shot a really interesting thunderstorm one time I only had about 10-15% ground sometimes even less, the rest was sky and clouds. THEN I have ignored the rule completely and split the horizon perfectly 50/50... but usually I use this when shooting reflections and intending to confuse the viewer with a "mirror" image. Just food for thought :cool:

Attachments

• ReiThunderstorm.jpg
    ReiThunderstorm.jpg
    379.5 KB · Views: 13
Nice Pic and thanks for sharing.

Thanks for your viewing. I am well familiar with 1/3 rd rule. This image was made from the out takes of 26 images processed by my Mavic 2 Pro. I opened the file in Adobe Photoshop Bridge, and selected the three frames that were possible to use. The drone generated pano used all 26 images to synthesize the pano but the details were poor as JPEGs. So I tried to extract the frames I thought I could use as DNG files. The lower portions of the frame (more ground, less sky) were not really usable.

Another way that I do panos (more easily by the way) is manually- e.g.: I d not use the pano mode. Rather, I take 3-5 images, overlapping them on my iPad screen by 30%, then just stitch them easily together in Adobe Photoshop CC 201 "Merge to Pano."

Reactions: CactusJackSlade
Thanks for your viewing. I am well familiar with 1/3 rd rule. This image was made from the out takes of 26 images processed by my Mavic 2 Pro. I opened the file in Adobe Photoshop Bridge, and selected the three frames that were possible to use. The drone generated pano used all 26 images to synthesize the pano but the details were poor as JPEGs. So I tried to extract the frames I thought I could use as DNG files. The lower portions of the frame (more ground, less sky) were not really usable.

Another way that I do panos (more easily by the way) is manually- e.g.: I d not use the pano mode. Rather, I take 3-5 images, overlapping them on my iPad screen by 30%, then just stitch them easily together in Adobe Photoshop CC 201 "Merge to Pano."

I'm very impressed with the stitching in light of the action of the waves - You did a really nice job of pulling in the usable images that you found to make something that's really detailed and useful.

Thanks!
Chris

I am putting the finishing touches on a new video, South Beach (Miami,Florida US). Video will be out soon. Shot at around 7 AM Sunday morning (Valentine's Day), February 14.
Hi Dave, you shot it on my birhday ? Fantastic panorama ?? Thanks for sharing the amazing photo!
cheers Paul

Hi Dave, you shot it on my birhday ? Fantastic panorama ?? Thanks for sharing the amazing photo!
cheers Paul
Thanks again,Paul. (by the way my name is Dale, not Dave-my parents adored Dale Carnegie). Happy Birthday too!

Dale

Thanks again,Paul. (by the way my name is Dale, not Dave-my parents adored Dale Carnegie). Happy Birthday too!

Dale
you´r welcome! thanks for the good wishes Dale! Oh holy smoke, I don´t know why I always call you Dave, must be something like Altzheimer ????
cheers Paul

Very nice! I remember back in the 1980's when I lived there how all of the places along Collins Ave were all run down, crack houses, and not really a place to be after the sun went down. Things sure have changed!

Very nice! I remember back in the 1980's when I lived there how all of the places along Collins Ave were all run down, crack houses, and not really a place to be after the sun went down. Things sure have changed!
I was here then too. That property was much too valuable to leave it to the old people sitting out front in their lawn chairs. Now, access to water views is cut off for the people by the private hotel owners.

Reactions: RkyMtnHigh
I was here then too. That property was much too valuable to leave it to the old people sitting out front in their lawn chairs. Now, access to water views is cut off for the people by the private hotel owners.
Oh I remember the old folks sitting outside watching the cars drive by. I had a sailboat that I kept docked across from the hotels and at that time you could walk into any of them and use their pools and beaches and was never approached. Used to hangout at Mac's Club Deuce at the corner of Collins and 14th. Things sure have changed since then.

Lovely Photo Dale, we often holiday in Florida (Marco Island) from the ??
This photo reminds me of what we're missing in these Covid times.
Thanks for sharing.

Lovely Photo Dale, we often holiday in Florida (Marco Island) from the ??
This photo reminds me of what we're missing in these Covid times.
Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Gary. Associated video (South Beach video) to come this week-end. Still working on it.

Very nice photo the cloud above looks like a person jumping from one building to the next so for me that's a good photo.

Very nice photo the cloud above looks like a person jumping from one building to the next so for me that's a good photo.
wow! I didn't even notice that. Great observation!!!

Nice Dale. Love the sky...so blue.
Thanks Dave. Look for my video- I am working on it- to be released to the Forum this week-end. I see you are from East Texas. Hope you have your power! The weather looks awful.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000