DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spain cops scanning DJI drone flights by Aeroscope

raulmavic

Reactions
This is a warning for every DJI pilot here in Spain, specifically at Madrid city.

Be aware Security Forces are running a DJI Aeroscope airspace Monitorization System like this: DJI AeroScope - Drone Security Solutions - DJI

caelus dji aeroscope.jpg

I advise you meeting local rules and not flying at unautorized areas. Even if you choose a quite and lonely place for fly, take into accout as soon as you take off your drone will be real-time monitorized.

It means, every flight detail as flight path, altitude, aircraft ID & model, pilot ubication, etc is recorded and communicated to a neaby police patrol.

You can read here February 2020 testimonial from a Madrid (Spain)DJI Mavic Mini pilot. I translated it for you:

Cops located me (at Madrid), but didn't fine me. I was flying my Mavic Mini at 20 meters over a city park, no people. They warned me flying at Controllerd airspace is forbidden.

another testimonial from a different DJI Mavic Mini pilot:

I was flying at Pozuelo de Alarcon city (close Madrid), at countryside. Far from airports, houses and people. My Mavic Mini took off. After 20 minutes a police patrol located me. They warned me flying at Madrid city is forbidden. They where notified as my drone rises 100 meters hight. Fortunately no fine, only warning.

Both testimonials extracted and translated from this spanish YouTube video:

It seems DJI Aeroscope implementation is locally renamed 'caelus'. It works listening pilot to drone comunnication packets. There are stationary and portable units. This is commercial info from DJI site:

AeroScope is a comprehensive drone detection platform that rapidly identifies UAV communication links, gathering information such as flight status, paths, and other information in real-time. This monitoring data stream helps users make an informed response as soon as possible.

Here more info and another video from a local newspaper, sorry in spanish La Policía Nacional neutraliza drones gracias a la inteligencia artificial -

Some video captures here, you can see a policeman teaching how the system works.

caelus dji aeroscope at madrid 2.jpg

An screen detail showing many DJI aircraft detected.

caelus dji aeroscope at madrid 1.jpg

caelus dji aeroscope at madrid 3.jpg

As said, every drone pilot must comply with laws. Remember big brother watches over you.

I would like to hear your oppinions. Is this system used into another cities / countries ?

R.

Last edited:
Reactions: misa_c
Gracias hombre articulo muy interesante

I suppose every country will eventually adopt a similar system, Big Brother will definitely be watching you....!

However they will not be watching for, robberies, burglaries, auto theft, fire arm offences, drug running, etc because they are not as important... :)
Waylander

However they will not be watching for, robberies, burglaries, auto theft, fire arm offences, drug running, etc because they are not as important... :)
Waylander
You are making a statement that is untrue and you know it.

You are making a statement that is untrue and you know it.
OK facetious statement retracted....

Sorry but it does seem to me that a lot of effort, money and Press time goes into the highlighting of perceived drone threats that thus far have not materialised, ( drug smuggling by drone into prisons, and the Gatwick Airport farce here in the UK not withstanding ).

Yet in neighbourhoods near me the front doors of elderly people are battered open whilst people are in there living rooms, so that the perpetrators can steal what they like, how much is being spent to prevent that...?

Rant over enough said
Waylander

I'm confident we are going to see more and more similar CUAS (Counter UAS) operations around the globe.

This isn't because drones are "that" bad but the public has been programmed to perceive them at "that bad" with the potential to do all kinds of horrible things. It's the BUZZ WORD that strikes fear into the public and it's now deeply embedded around the globe.

Dear Mavi Mini pilots;

I beg caution and respect for the flying laws at Madrid, Spain capital.

You must know spain cops are currently monitorizing every Mavic Mini flight using 'Caelus', an adaptation of DJI Aeroscope system DJI AeroScope - Drone Security Solutions - DJI

caelus dji aeroscope at madrid 4.jpg

You can find a couple of Mavic Mini Pilots testimonials, being being warned by the police, into this post at General DJI forums.

To administrators: Please, keep this message posted at Mavic Mini forums, because it affects them especially.

Best regards.

R.

Reactions: xtro360
If you are flying in Spain, check forbidden areas here: ENAIRE Drones
As you can see in the screenshot bellow , it’s almost impossible to fly legally in an urban area. Fines are really serious.

78BF3920-C06B-40E4-A9E4-E6C24547318B.jpeg

Reactions: raulmavic
Maybe they can learn how to do this in the US and they wont need to burden us with their remote I'd proposals.

Maybe they can learn how to do this in the US and they wont need to burden us with their remote I'd proposals.

They already do use this in the US - just not very widely, and it only works for DJI aircraft.

So, the police see this SN pop up on the Aeroscope screen. Okay now what? How do they match the serial number on the screen to a registered owner's name and address? Call up their "law enforcement partners" in China and ask for help to nab a suspect?

1582849822684.png

Lets say the LEO believes the UAV shown on Aeroscope is being operated lawfully but just wants to identify the registered owner for his own information. So he checks in with our "law enforcement partners" in China to get name and contact information. No warrant, no probable cause and no subpoena. No problem?

• Angry
Reactions: Phill
Lets say the LEO believes the UAV shown on Aeroscope is being operated lawfully but just wants to identify the registered owner for his own information. So he checks in with our "law enforcement partners" in China to get name and contact information. No warrant, no probable cause and no subpoena. No problem?
You are right, Aeroscope is not going to reveal pilot idendity, but PILOT LOCATION. If you read pilot testimonials you will realize a police patrol arrived takeoff place in less than 20 minutes.

R.

Hiya :)

This was already covered in this thread Spain cops scanning DJI drone flights by Aeroscope

You are right, but many Mavic Pilots only watching this sub-forum. That's the reason for re-posting here.

To everyone, please, continue posting at General/News section

Thanks at all

R.

Edit: Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic.
6. Do not post the same discussion more than once or in more than one forum.

Threads combined by ADMIN :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right, Aeroscope is not going to reveal pilot idendity, but PILOT LOCATION. If you read pilot testimonials you will realize a police patrol arrived takeoff place in less than 20 minutes.

R.
For Aeroscope they get the email address used to register with DJI....

Reactions: raulmavic
Maybe because they are falling from the skies in higher numbers, thus posing greater risks to trees....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000