DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spare controller

Steve Cam

Reactions
as some of you may know, I'm a bereaved mavic parent having lost my dear mavic. I'm considering getting a new one, if dji offers to replace mine, I can either sell the replacement to cover the cost of the new one or I can gift it to a friend. If they don't, I'll have a new one. (Before you jump on me for my easy come easy go attitude, it's not like that, I really enjoyed having and it sucks to have to spend the money again, but I don't want to not have one anymore.)

I was thinking about what spare parts I'd be able to make use of from my previous mavic, the obvious one being the battery charger, this way id be able to charge two batteries at the same time and not sequentially. Does anyone know if I'd be able to use the old controller on a new mavic, perhaps by reconnecting it so that it's linked to a new device, that way it would be used as a spare or to double the battery life by having 2 rc's?

Thanks

Yes, you can use your old remote controller. You'll have to relink the remote controller to your Mavic each time you switch to a new one though. Both cannot be linked to your Mavic at the same time.

Yes, you can use your old remote controller. You'll have to relink the remote controller to your Mavic each time you switch to a new one though. Both cannot be linked to your Mavic at the same time.

That's fine. Don't know what I would do with 2 connected at the same time but it's good to know that I'll get some use out of the stuff that came with the first one!

Thanks again msinger!

Thought you were suppose to be able to buy the mavic without the controller for somewhere around 750.00 then reuse your controller on your new bird. Thought I read that somewhere, not sure.

Reactions: jenko08
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.