DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Split Videos

kpmac

Reactions
Is there a way to bypass the 4GB file size limit for video captures on a Mavic 3 Classic or is that an industry limit? I would like to avoid stitching every video of this size.

Is there a way to bypass the 4GB file size limit for video captures on a Mavic 3 Classic or is that an industry limit? I would like to avoid stitching every video of this size.
Yes ... shoot in a lower resolution and you will get longer video files.
The limit is on file size - 3.7GB.

Reactions: maggior
I see this question alot. Maybe we ask why you would want one big long humongous video file?

I find that annoying as well, but unfortunately, there's no way around it at the present. FAT32 limits file sizes to 4 GB, but, yes exFAT supports humongous file sizes and is the supported file format for our Mavics.

From DJI:
Hi there, the supported file systems of the camera are FAT32 and exFAT, it is recommended to format the SD card via the DJI FLY app. For DJI products, the maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB.

1. For SD cards with a memory less than 64GB, only FAT32 file system can be used (SD Association stipulates that files can be formatted into exFAT in Windows system for non-standard usage). Files larger than 4GB cannot be stored on a FAT32 volume.
2. For SD cards with a memory larger than or equal to 64GB, only exFAT file system can be used (which is specified by SD Association). Theoretically, a single file can exceed 4GB. However, in order to avoid errors resulted from files being too large, we still split files when the capacity exceeds 4GB.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne