DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stolen Mavic Air: S/N 0K1UF6500F0093

SjWIndham

Reactions
Th company is not really helpful isn't it? Im sure they can but I don't know why...

The company... as in DJI? Yeah, they won't help track down stolen drones.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Yes, Dji! Not even blocking it from re-registration wothout authorization from the previous owner? Stop it from flying?
I’m disappointed with this sophisticated product ?

Did you ask them to deactivate it? They've done it before, so I know it can be done. That certainly won't help you find it though.

There is no re-registration needed. It's only done the very first time the aircraft is used. Changing owner doesn't require anything.

BTW the schemes that lock a device from being reused don't really deter from theft, people are still happy to sell the parts.

Yes, Dji! Not even blocking it from re-registration wothout authorization from the previous owner? Stop it from flying?
I’m disappointed with this sophisticated product
It's not as sophisticated as you imagine.
DJI have no way to know when and where any drone is flying and as mentioned above, once a drone is activated, it doesn't need to be re-activated.

Reactions: Kilrah
There is no re-registration needed. It's only done the very first time the aircraft is used. Changing owner doesn't require anything.

BTW the schemes that lock a device from being reused don't really deter from theft, people are still happy to sell the parts.

I think I'm fine if they scrap it, as long as it doesn't fly.

Well to be fair it's unlikely the thieves would want to fly it, it's the money they're after so they'll just flip it on some classifieds site and disappear. If it didn't fly that would scam a 2nd person, if it flies at least they are not also losing their money...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1