DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange is it?

Personally I think it's more likely that Best Buy (that's the shop's name, right?) screwed up. In this day and age, it's not too difficult for somebody determined to find out whether those two individuals are DJI employees.

If DJI were trying to generate the most hype, I would imagine that they would have picked somebody with more of an established following and a large fan-base interested in gadgets, you know, somebody like Caisey Neistat.

Or if they wanted to be a bit more subtle, they could pick a smaller channel like a travel vlogger who incorporates drone footage into their work, but somebody very beautiful who will attract eyeballs naturally given the demographic of most drone pilots... somebody like Alina Mcleod, for example.

The two individuals who did end up getting Mini 2's early seem too random to be planned in any way by DJI.

Also, another point of evidence against the "DJI conspiracy", is that there seems to be no equivalent "strategy" for China, which is presumably still their largest market. I'm in two DJI customer WeChat groups with 370 and 220 people respectively. There's been zero hype regarding the Mini 2 in both groups over the last few days. As far as I'm aware, there is no Chinese language version of any leaks regarding the Mini 2. Most (casual) Chinese drone enthusiasts still seem oblivious to the imminent release of the Mini 2. DJI employees didn't comment on my question regarding it in my groups. Presumably, they are under orders to stay quiet about it.

Reactions: rpasquet and boblui
The most recent "official" post by DJI employees in my Shenzhen group just announced a discount for certain items for the upcoming "Singles' Day" sales event in China.

No mention of Mini 2 at all. Pretty stingy discounts too. lol

Attachments

• WeChat Image_20201030014358.jpg
    WeChat Image_20201030014358.jpg
    451 KB · Views: 35
Personally I think it's more likely that Best Buy (that's the shop's name, right?) screwed up. In this day and age, it's not too difficult for somebody determined to find out whether those two individuals are DJI employees.

If DJI were trying to generate the most hype, I would imagine that they would have picked somebody with more of an established following and a large fan-base interested in gadgets, you know, somebody like Caisey Neistat.

Or if they wanted to be a bit more subtle, they could pick a smaller channel like a travel vlogger who incorporates drone footage into their work, but somebody very beautiful who will attract eyeballs naturally given the demographic of most drone pilots... somebody like Alina Mcleod, for example.

The two individuals who did end up getting Mini 2's early seem too random to be planned in any way by DJI.

Also, another point of evidence against the "DJI conspiracy", is that there seems to be no equivalent "strategy" for China, which is presumably still their largest market. I'm in two DJI customer WeChat groups with 370 and 220 people respectively. There's been zero hype regarding the Mini 2 in both groups over the last few days. As far as I'm aware, there is no Chinese language version of any leaks regarding the Mini 2. Most (casual) Chinese drone enthusiasts still seem oblivious to the imminent release of the Mini 2. DJI employees didn't comment on my question regarding it in my groups. Presumably, they are under orders to stay quiet about it.
I agree with you: DJI delivered the first units to dealers worldwide, and everyone is puzzled, as DJI usually releases a link to the beta version of the app for activation, preliminary testing and unboxing of digital influencers so that their videos are released on the release date. Nothing (today) has been released and the silence is very great. The question is, will it actually be released between November 4th or 5th? Will there be time?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keith Milligan