DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange NFZ

pisoiu

Reactions
Hi guys,
Newbie mavic air pilot here, trying to learn. I don't get how this NFZ works in my city, if somebody can enlighten me, I would appreciate it.
1. At these coordinates: 46.767966, 23.633018 there is a public park with a wide open area, rarely used by people. I tried to fly the drone there, is a good spot for learning control at low altitudes (<5 meters). After acquiring good GPS signal, the drone won't take off, bar is red, no fly zone. Why? I see on the map that I'm close to red area of airport, but not inside it. Landing airplanes are very far and high from that spot.
2. My home in on the other side of the airport, directly under the flight path of the airplanes. They are very low when approach for landing. I put the drone outside and initialize it, without taking off. It tells me that I can take off with restricted altitude, no more than 60 meters. I can tell for sure that 50 meters above me is on collision course with landing aircrafts. My home is not at the airport level, is on a hill, maybe 50 meters above airport level. Again, why?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Do you have a screenshot of this area you speak of?

Reactions: BossBob
Well, I expected the app to guide me through the process of obtaining that authorization, which, from what I understood from their website, can be done on site if you have internet access. But I did not saw such option. All I saw was 'no fly' and no other option. But I will check again soon, maybe I was not paying enough attention.
Thanks for answers.

Well, I expected the app to guide me through the process of obtaining that authorization, which, from what I understood from their website, can be done on site if you have internet access. But I did not saw such option. All I saw was 'no fly' and no other option. But I will check again soon, maybe I was not paying enough attention.
Thanks for answers.

The instructions are also on the website.

Here is a link to help you get started.
This should help, after you submit your request, you may receive a code by txt msg to verify.
You will also, most likely, have to finish the unlock process just before launching for flight. It is on one of the menus so locate it in advance so you know where it is.

Thanks for answers.
Did you try to start the motors? When I fly in an NFZ, my screen shows the warning as soon as the RC connects to the aircraft, but I don't think I get the self-unlock option until I try to start the motors.

Reactions: DanMan32
Yup, that's the solution when you're in a blue zone. You don't have to go through the website in that situation, but you do need an internet connection for the app, and a means of receiving a text message. You can use a credit card number in place of a text message. I believe the purpose of SMS or CC is to prove you're a human.

Thanks all for answers. Obviously I missed something, I will go back to that spot asap to try again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka