DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

STROBES AND 3 D MOUNTS

Andy Mac 230

Reactions
Ive got a headache sourcing the bits to attach strobes to my MPP. All the bits are available but in different countries. I cant find anybody who sells or even makes 3D mounts in the UK. Yes stateside but the postage and packaging cost nearly as much as the mounts. Strobes I can source in the UK, Strobon, Strobes in USA but nobody seems to sell te complete setup together....unless you know better....please

Velcro them on Andy, the M1P and MPP are easy, if just for VLOS, one on the back panel where I put mine, and it you want on the front, just on the legs under the motors. See pics.

IMG_4649.jpg IMG_4650.jpg
IMG_4648.jpg IMG_4590.JPG

These are FHT ARCII on the back, FHT Dual front arms (red L / green R), strobon are smaller again.

Very easy to remove, charge, refit to fly.

I used hook on the strobes, in my backpack on the inside of one zip up door, I put a strip of hook, and can attach them there ready to take out and fit before flying.

I am seriously looking at the Strobon Cree and using the m3 Velcro type mounts. As they are so small I think they would stick to the undercarriage extension legs and therefore no damage to the main airframe? As you suggest using standard aviation configuration

Can we get the FHT in UK or do we have to import from USA

Generally FHT won't ship directly outside the US.
Some countries have agents / resellers, usually retail drone shops, but the $ exchange and retail markups really makes them too expensive to buy more than a single unit.

Check your UK ebay though, quite a few reports here on the various strobe threads indicate that outlet WILL ship them to various countries, Inc Australia, Canada, not sure about the UK, but take a look.

I am seriously looking at the Strobon Cree and using the m3 Velcro type mounts. As they are so small I think they would stick to the undercarriage extension legs and therefore no damage to the main airframe? As you suggest using standard aviation configuration

I think the Strobon Cree are a single led ?
Similar board type arrangement, so should be no problems for use for VLOS assistance.

The Strobon aren't going to be visible for many miles like some of the FHT strobes, but hey the spirit of VLOS is the be close enough to know what's around and take evasive action if needed. You can't do that a mile out :)

Strobon will enable you to find your aircraft against a contrasting sky much easier.

Thats my thinking I really dont fancy night flying I have done enough for real. Only 2 things fly at night....Bats and Tw**s

Can we get the FHT in UK or do we have to import from USA
I make these FHT mounts for the Mavic Pro. If interested, you can buy the FHT lights, ship them to me, and I can ship the mounts and lights to you in the same package. PM me if you're interested and I can give you my mailing address.

1588353242235.png

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I make these FHT mounts for the Mavic Pro. If interested, you can buy the FHT lights, ship them to me, and I can ship the mounts and lights to you in the same package. PM me if you're interested and I can give you my mailing address.

Awesome way to get them !
One shipping cost.
Good of you to offer this.

Reactions: msinger

View attachment 100212
You sir are an absolute star. will talk later and get it sorted

Reactions: msinger
A big thanks to Mike!
i took up his offer and ordered FHT dual strobes red,green and 2 white. Using Mike’s postal address they were delivered to him where he made my mounts then posted the whole lot to me. Arrived today and now fitted...jeez they are bright.
if any of you require something similar then this is the guy to get in touch with For not just lights but anything drone...

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54