DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strobes

Frustrated

Reactions
Bought a Firehouse Arc 2 in white. Out flying today daytime sunny skies. Very hard to see in sunny skies if you ask me. Is there a better color in sunny skies, red, blue? I do not fly at night. Thanks and stay well.

White is the most visible / brightest colour.
That said, the red and green might stand out better on a lighter sky . . . I found my dual white wasn't visible more than about 700m on a light grey cloud sky, low to the horizon.

I also have a public safety series ARCII in the red / white option, not bad.

Just how far away are you flying for this to be a problem ?
I can see my ARCII white on any sky, out to about a km.
Flying past that is just not a good idea for real VLOS / airspace awareness.

If you need something brighter, the ARC XL is the best I know of (apart from bulky, heavy, flight time draining spotlights).
The XL is 1000 lumen, vs the ARCII 600 lumen, so really a lot brighter.

Reactions: Gindra
Did'nt fly more than a couple hundred feet but am older an eyes are older than when I had a teen in my back seat of my car.

Where do you have the strobe fitted, and what drone ?
I would assume you tried it on the rear, or underneath ?

This is my public safety series white / red. showing both strobes when they flash . . .

IMG_4590.JPG IMG_4586.jpg

The white brightness is obvious in these shots.

The ARCII white should be ample for most people I guess, but I understand the eye problem too well also . . . if you have room, the ARC XL is 67% brighter again.

Very safe, nj. Safer, cheaper, and less complicated than that whole ID nonsense. If it can be seen, it can be avoided.

When it comes to visible light, the highestfrequency color, which is violet, also has the mostenergy. The lowest frequency of visible light, which is red, has the least energy.

When it comes to visible light, the highestfrequency color, which is violet, also has the mostenergy. The lowest frequency of visible light, which is red, has the least energy.
You may have noticed many of your state police departments have shifted to a more violet colored blue light for their emergency lighting applications.

To answer some of the questions, I have a MA and mount this to the bottom of the battery, velcro. The vids that Thomas B supplied are all close to the pilot. I did not see any strobes offered in violet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31