DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

STROBON Cree® light mounts for the DJI Mavic Pro (by DDH)

I can't find the proper place to order four (4) mounts 2 front 2 rear all in black or gray (which ever is closer to the color of the Mavic after sanding smooth)
The new mounts are available here. If you'd like them in light gray or black (not sanded), please reply to your email receipt after making a purchase or PM me. The other colors cannot be sanded since it causes the plastic to become discolored. Another option would be to buy the white mounts and paint them to match your Mavic.

The arms can only be folded if all of the lights are facing forward (which would likely not be ideal). Since the back arm is rotated when folding it, you would not be able to attach the light as shown above.
That's why velcro was invented . . works great . . .folds flat with quick and easy install and remove. less weight too. There is no movie here just a screen shot from my website discussion on STROBON . .
Nice idea with the 3D printer and well done . . .but a bit overkill . . Velcro is easier to use for the same effect. Just don't buy the cheap stuff. Get the really grippy industrial stuff.
upload_2017-8-24_7-29-28.png

Reactions: WizDrone and Atko
Nice idea with the 3D printer and well done . . .but a bit overkill
Yep -- Velcro is an option too. However, this thread is for those people who don't want to use Velcro ;)

Reactions: butterflyslicer
I'm on it. We can discuss in your PM until I create a dedicated thread about it.
Yes, the arm can be folded with it attached.
That's terrific; great job. Looking forward to placing another order for strobe and tracker mounts. If you need any PM input from me regarding the tracker, I'm here.

I get the sanding issue; I'm sure there's a model-aircraft paint color out there that would match the Mavic nicely. Can you tell us the type of plastic you use, so that a compatible paint type can be found, or will regular acrylics adhere to it?

For anyone that's confused, here are the positions of the mounts:

MountLocations.jpg

The front mounts are not interchangeable, so make sure you order the correct mount if you're only ordering one front mount.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
The front mounts are not interchangeable, so make sure you order the correct mount if you're only ordering one front mount.

Still just a little confused,

Are the front mounts aimed towards the front and can they be aimed towards the rear but still on the front leg?
And vise versa with the rear?

Also,
Once sanded, what color do the black and gray become?
I'm ok with unsanded, just curious.

Are the front mounts aimed towards the front and can they be aimed towards the rear but still on the front leg?
The front mount can only be aimed forward. The rear mount can be aimed forward or backward (since the rear arm is square).

Once sanded, what color do the black and gray become?
Both colors turn a lighter matte color. I'll sand some today and post a photo.

Reactions: SKYGUY_88
Below are the three colors side-by-side. The unsanded mounts are on the left side in the first photo.

Cree-Mount-Colors-01.jpg

Cree-Mount-Colors-02.jpg

I run a 3D printing company, and although we work mostly with ABS, PETG, Nylon and Polycarbonate we've found that a coat of clear matte acrylic after sandblasting helps to restore the color lost to sanding when working with ABS or PETG. Not sure if it works the same with PLA but it also keeps the plastic from absorbing oils from your skin which happens with sandblasted parts.

-Joe

we've found that a coat of clear matte acrylic after sandblasting helps to restore the color lost to sanding when working with ABS or PETG
Got a favorite brand?

Last edited:
Honestly the old design didn't hold up to the heat.... mine started bending. This new design looks better to me. I wish I would have waited now

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo