DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

STROBON Cree® light mounts for the DJI Mavic Pro (by DDH)

Yes, I can package them together. I'll be adding the mounts to the same page as the lights (just working on some finalized photos at the moment).

I will only have them in white for now. I hand sand all of my pieces to ensure they are neat and smooth. Sanding black pieces creates dull gray areas (as shown in my latest photos above). I might eventually offer them in back -- just need to test some more finishing techniques to see if I can restore the color after sanding. And I'm going to try them in gray to see how well that color finishes.
But we could always spraypaint the whites no?

Sure, you could paint them. It might affect the fitment though (since the paint will make the parts thicker). I've never tried painting 3D printed parts.

These mounts are now available here. If you also need the STROBON Cree strobe lights, you can purchase both the lights and mounts together here.

8.jpg

Very Kool! But I think I'll wait until they're available in gray. Still, the white looks pretty good too.

Would like front leg mounts, and got any ideas for the rear for my white stobe?

@msinger I would like them, but I don't want to have to remove them. Any chance on being able to make a rear arm mount that can carry the light forward? I would totally buy those.

Any chance on being able to make a rear arm mount that can carry the light forward? I would totally buy those.
It's a neat idea. Perhaps someone with more knowledge with such designs will tackle it.

I hope you can come with black and front ones
Since I hand sand my parts to fix 3D printing imperfections, it makes the black parts look dull like this. For that reason, I hesitate to try to offer high quality parts in black. A coat of black spray paint or lacquer might restore the color. I'm not sure how that will hold up over time though.

If mounts are attached to the rear arms and pointed toward the front of the Mavic, I don't think you'll notice a difference between that and actually mounting them to the front arms (when viewing the Mavic from a distance). Are there other people watching this thread that would rather have the lights on the front arms?

Since I hand sand my parts to fix 3D printing imperfections, it makes the black parts look dull like this. For that reason, I hesitate to try to offer high quality parts in black. A coat of black spray paint or lacquer might restore the color. I'm not sure how that will hold up over time though.

If mounts are attached to the rear arms and pointed toward the front of the Mavic, I don't think you'll notice a difference between that and actually mounting them to the front arms (when viewing the Mavic from a distance). Are there other people watching this thread that would rather have the lights on the front arms?
I would be interested in front ones aswell, I think several people mentioned it before right?

These mounts are now available here.
Ok, now I'm going to pester you with an even more complicated request/idea........ a combo gadget to replace rear landing leg extender with a unit that has extended legs, a Strobon mount *and* a Marco Polo mount!

Start with this - extended rear leg assembly, which I have and which works great - from here: Amazon.com: FSL DJI Mavic Pro Landing Gear Leg Height Extender Kit Riser Set Stabilizers with Protection Pad (Grey): Camera & Photo
41WzAU5bdIL.jpg

Now, here's a version that has a little box added to it to hold a Marco Polo locator transmitter: Mavic Pro Marco Polo Mount by Motley74
6a2f1c274804d3a6893c490785a72c69_preview_featured.jpg

The 3D printer file for this is available at the link above I believe.

But wait - there's more! Marco Polo has a new waterproof transmitter, just announced - that's what I want on my Mavic: Marco Polo Advanced Transceiver Accessory for RC Aircraft - Tracking and Recovery Made Easy | Marco Polo the Tracking and Recovery System

Tag-On-Scale-900x750.jpg

So, this is a lot of stuff to dump on you, but what I'd love to see is a replacement for the rear landing-leg extension, with a Marco Polo waterproof transmitter box and a Strobon mount integrated into it - all designed to clip onto the back of a Mavic like the landing legs do now, and be able to stay in place while folded like my extended legs (all of them) can do.

I know ...... just what you needed to hear, more demands - right?
I'll shut up now. Thanks.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Ok, now I'm going to pester you with an even more complicated request/idea........ a combo gadget to replace rear landing leg extender with a unit that has extended legs, a Strobon mount *and* a Marco Polo mount!
It's a neat idea, but it would be tough to sell since it's so specialized. Perhaps someone else will take you up on it.

The mounts are $9/each. The quantity dropdown defaults to one mount.

Thanks for the confirmation Mike, I was confused because the item title keeps referring to mounts (plural).

I've just ordered a couple from you mate Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78