DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Struggling with processing power

Gmtltd

Reactions
My laptop (Lenovo Yoga) is struggling to keep up with the large data files my mavic pro is producing in 4k mode. It just freezes and slows to a painful pace when editing.

Is it that my laptop just can't handle it (12 months old) or is it best to film in 2k

Recommendations in editing software also please. Tried Resolve but very slow. Currently using Movie Studio 14

I couldn't get 4 k to work on my 2 yo pc....
Try the native Windows Movie maker. The initial might take some time, but then you might be able to work with it??
I film in 2.7 now...

I grade and process 4K video all the time on my PC that I built 5 years ago. I use Magix Movie Edit Pro, rendering a 2 minute 4K video on 'best' may take up to 30 minutes but the editing is a breeze without proxy files. PC spec is i5 2700K running at 4.5ghz on an Asus Maximus Gene IV, 16mb ram, HD 7970 running stock and SSDs.

If you can afford it, building your own computer with specs that are able to handle video editing is the way to go IMO. with these specs, my computer renders in Davinci Reolve faster than the playback speed:
CPU:Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
GPU:nVidia Quadro P5000
RAM:64Gb G. Skill Trident Z
Monitor:43" LG 4KIMG_0060.JPG IMG_0061.JPG

My 2nd gen iPad Pro 12.9 edits 4k with ease. I use lumafusion and even edited a 30min 4K sunset video from my camera with it, file was 12gb or so.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman