DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Stunning Helford River, Cornwall UK

Memories of the Helford River are still strong, as I failed miserably to cross it on a windsurfer. Never was a sailor and the kids remind me of my attempt. Nearly got run over by the Helford Packet! Beautiful very well shot and perfect accompanying music. Our drones do take fab footage don’t they. Well done-makes me want to go back there, and sit in a deck chair!

Reactions: Chris Baish
Great job!
May I ask you some questions?
• Did you shoot in normal mode, D-Log, or HLG?
• Did you or what filters did you use?
• What do you do for color correction/ grading?
• What editing software did you use?

Thanks!

Great job!
May I ask you some questions?
• Did you shoot in normal mode, D-Log, or HLG?
• Did you or what filters did you use?
• What do you do for color correction/ grading?
• What editing software did you use?

Thanks!
Happy to answer these.

-This was shot in HLG as this is the HDR capture mode. 4k 30 although some of my other vids have used 5.4k.
-I used a nd8/PL filter from Freewell. I'm still undecided about it as I think it gives a slight green tint.
-I used manual colour correction rather than LUTS. I haven't found any LUTS that work well with HLG.
-I edit on an ipad pro 11 inch using Lumafusion.

Hope that helps and thanks for your interest.

Reactions: cknipp
Memories of the Helford River are still strong, as I failed miserably to cross it on a windsurfer. Never was a sailor and the kids remind me of my attempt. Nearly got run over by the Helford Packet! Beautiful very well shot and perfect accompanying music. Our drones do take fab footage don’t they. Well done-makes me want to go back there, and sit in a deck chair!
Nice to hear that you know the area! I've thought about attempting it on a paddleboard, but it's fairly busy with traffic when the weather is good and not sure I'm fast enough to stay out of people's way!

Reactions: twickers14
Happy to answer these.

-This was shot in HLG as this is the HDR capture mode. 4k 30 although some of my other vids have used 5.4k.
-I used a nd8/PL filter from Freewell. I'm still undecided about it as I think it gives a slight green tint.
-I used manual colour correction rather than LUTS. I haven't found any LUTS that work well with HLG.
-I edit on an ipad pro 11 inch using Lumafusion.

Hope that helps and thanks for your interest.

Thanks for your reply and info.
I bought a Mavic mini back in 2019 and loved it. I upgraded to the air to S in October of this year. I just bought Final Cut Pro X to learn to do more advanced editing and color correction/ grading.
Whenever I see videos that I like I love to ask questions to learn best practices. Thanks for your help!

An unbelievably calm winter's day on the Helford River in South West Cornwall. I'm still astounded by the colours the Air 2s produces, and I'm particularly pleased with the shots of the boat.

Nice video. That is a beautiful area. I spent a week in Helford a couple of years ago. Very green.

221CA04E-1748-4514-9808-CD363C6C9AFB_1_201_a.jpeg

Very nice!

An unbelievably calm winter's day on the Helford River in South West Cornwall. I'm still astounded by the colours the Air 2s produces, and I'm particularly pleased with the shots of the boat.

Excellent footage Chris, Really enjoyed the video and great audio as well. 9/10

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom