DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stupid firmware update caused me the mav to crash this morning!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two issues here...

1. This isn't the firmware's fault. You failed to check the settings before flight.

2. The Mavic is a $1000 photography drone, not a sport quad. Buy a $60 sport quad off Banggood to do funnels with.
bulls eye ...its not a toy but a real aircraft. I would rather show off all the checklists that needs to be done before flying it

Let me know when you find out where that setting is please

I'm missing something... Yes every update resets all aircraft settings and that's well known, but the CSC setting precisely gets reset to "emergency only" which is the default. You've got to toggle it to "always" if you want that...

Reactions: Johnmcl7
I'm missing something... Yes every update resets all aircraft settings and that's well known, but the CSC setting precisely gets reset to "emergency only" which is the default. You've got to toggle it to "always" if you want that...

where is that setting ?

Wow is it just me or are the posts getting harsher and harsher!
I agree with the OP, I see no reason for the settings to be lost after a firmware update. Even Cell Phones which is what the core of the Mavic is, do not lose their settings when you update them.

Secondly why does it default to a in flight CSC? It seems to be the more dangerous of the two options. The default should be CSC only in emergency.

Rob
thank you man for post and the logic. The cell phone upgrade is an excellent example.

And you are absolutely right the CSC should be only for emergency and really I think it should have it's own button a cover to open before you push it.

Let me know when you find out where that setting is please
i don't why nobody is answering you. I swear it's like people are pissed that they read the manual and others didn't. I don't know what they have going on in their lives but I don't have time to read a dang manual from cover to cover. I use youtube to get the readers digest version.

Anyway Robin the setting is in advance settings for the drone I believe. But even there it is very confusing the way they word it. IT's like a dang liberal lawyer wrote it.

Last edited:
Thanks, will have a look in morning.

The manual skips over most stuff.

Reactions: jdcntulsa
When you people say check the settings, what settings should I check in particular?

It sucks bad to crash a drone especially one like a Mavic with all the expense. I can Understand why you feel so pissed at that firmware upgrade thing and i know that i have once or twice forgotten to check that after an upgrade. BUT that would be my fault if i lost the drone.

whatever the rights or wrongs of pre checking flight settings after an upgrade, it is common knowledge, and yes we do forget (which is why we are reminded to do pre flight checklists). No i am not a person who has always stuck to the whole drone rule thing and i am sure at first most of us if we are honest, once or twice took things further or higher than we should.

flying a 1000 dollar drone is and can be a very expensive thing and the best thing here is get on with pre flight checks, blaming DJI will not get your drone back and will not change what it is now. We have now what we have now and people have to work with that.

I am pretty sure that one day i may do the same thing but i wont be blaming DJI i will be blaming myself for not doing what i should have done in the first place. (oh and yes i did crash my Mavic and it was my fault entirely).

best thing here is stop the blame game and give your family a time to be proud of as that time cant be replaced Mavics can.

Reactions: misskimo
Im just learning to fly real aircraft. 19 hours now. Before each flight. Checkoff list is required.
Sounds like that might be a good idea
Before take off. Your own check list

It sucks bad to crash a drone especially one like a Mavic with all the expense. I can Understand why you feel so pissed at that firmware upgrade thing and i know that i have once or twice forgotten to check that after an upgrade. BUT that would be my fault if i lost the drone.rlt entirely).

best thing here is stop the blame game and give your family a time to be proud of as that time cant be replaced Mavics can.
I am not playing a blame game. I am stating something they should do to stop the problems like resetting all the setttings after every upgrade. It can be done the cell phone example is proof of that. Plus they need to totally take off the stick emergency kill freature. It is retarded and stupid. I am blaming them for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR