DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Suggestions of great places to film with a drone in Ohio

FlyingFilmmaker

Reactions
Site
flyingfilmmakerpro.com
Going to be up in Ohio over the weekend near Wooster area. Going to be driving up from Parkersburg WV. Anyone have any recommendations of interesting places to film with a drone in that area or along the route?

There is Old Man's cave & lots of waterfalls around that area just outside of Logan Ohio. I know I use to live in Athens & went there a lot on my motorcycle & walked the trails. Lots of places for very good pictures or videos. Good luck. Hope you share some here. It's been over 50 years since I was there. I see some good still photos on F.B.

In Wooster proper is a nice Arboretum, Secrest. Of course, you'll be in the heart of Amish country although I don't know how keen they'd be on a drone flying over their farms and/or buggies but it could be interesting video. Akron's not far away and it's a pretty interesting place and there's even Cleveland just north of Wooster with Lake Erie and much more that could make great drone video.

Here is the info I wanted to share.

This is a horizontal view of a similar image that I shared last week. The Upper Falls at Old Man's Cave framed by some of the incredible rock formations and hollows in the gorge walls. Hocking Hills State Park in southeastern Ohio. (04-13-2021) Prints of my images are available at Homegrown on Main, 65 West Main Street, in downtown Logan;
Hocking hills.jpg

Reactions: Phantomrain.org

This is a horizontal view of a similar image that I shared last week. The Upper Falls at Old Man's Cave framed by some of the incredible rock formations and hollows in the gorge walls. Hocking Hills State Park in southeastern Ohio. (04-13-2021) Prints of my images are available at Homegrown on Main, 65 West Main Street, in downtown Logan;
View attachment 127388
That’s a beautiful shot!

View attachment 127388
Very nice! That looks like an awesome spot for photography and filming, drone and otherwise! Is that a drone shot of land-based camera?

In Wooster proper is a nice Arboretum, Secrest. Of course, you'll be in the heart of Amish country although I don't know how keen they'd be on a drone flying over their farms and/or buggies but it could be interesting video. Akron's not far away and it's a pretty interesting place and there's even Cleveland just north of Wooster with Lake Erie and much more that could make great drone video.
Yes we'll be going right through Amish country and I plan to film some of it (drone and otherwise). You need to be careful I think, but if you're discreet you can get some great shots. Never flown a drone up there, but I think if you don't do it too near a residence, you should be OK. Would be fun to get a drone shot of a buggy against a sunset... ?

Definitely want to hit up Erie sometime, but that won't be on this trip, unfortunately. I have flown a P3 on Lake Michigan before though...

Perfect shot. Love the slow exposure to get that blurred water. Well done. You should do a similar shot at Cuyahoga Falls near Cleveland.

There is Old Man's cave & lots of waterfalls around that area just outside of Logan Ohio. I know I use to live in Athens & went there a lot on my motorcycle & walked the trails. Lots of places for very good pictures or videos. Good luck. Hope you share some here. It's been over 50 years since I was there. I see some good still photos on F.B.
They don't allow drone flying in the Metroparks, just in case the area you mentioned is in a Metropark. Only a few dedicated areas are allowed in the Metroparks.

In case the OP makes it to Cleveland, Lakewood park (on the lake) is a drone friendly park and I live 5 mins from there, so send me a message if you do make it up here OP and maybe we can meet up.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChickenOverload