DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Swelling batteries

It is hard not believing one or more devices is culprit. Otherwise how can plural batteries incur identical casualty?

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
I just was thinking: continued use of the injured status batteries can impart impact other devices too, let alone receive warns.
I think heat there where you fly and your enthuse over forbearance, likely accelerated battery injuries.
Mention of 30celcius is key.

Wish someone would market a storage charger that auto stops at 60% charge for those potential long term storage times and for travel.

If you pull them off the charger when the 3rd light starts to blink you're good to go. It does require you to watch it though.

If you don't want to watch them, the other thing you can do is if you know approximately how much time that takes (would be easy if you always stop flying around 25-30% or so), plug the charger into a wall timer and set it to however long it takes before the 3rd light starts to blink.

It would be nice to set the charging hub max charge level - maybe on the next one.

If you pull them off the charger when the 3rd light starts to blink you're good to go. It does require you to watch it though.

If you don't want to watch them, the other thing you can do is if you know approximately how much time that takes (would be easy if you always stop flying around 25-30% or so), plug the charger into a wall timer and set it to however long it takes before the 3rd light starts to blink.

It would be nice to set the charging hub max charge level - maybe on the next one.
The last statement is my sentiment exactly. The wall timer is not a bad idea for the current charger!

Reactions: CanadaDrone
Isnt it just as injurious stowing longterm at complete zero exhaustion, pressing button none indication?

Do you ever talk normally? From some of your other posts, it seems like you talk like that intentionally and it makes it very difficult for people to understand what you're saying.

You should never store a battery at 0% for any length of time, if I understand you correctly - that is one of the worst things you can do to a lithium battery and you never want to be in the air with a battery near 0%.

I use the old fashioned method. If a battery of mine is fully charged and I want to get it down to 60%, I just hover it for 5 or 8 minutes.

Do you ever talk normally? From some of your other posts, it seems like you talk like that intentionally and it makes it very difficult for people to understand what you're saying.

You should never store a battery at 0% for any length of time, if I understand you correctly - that is one of the worst things you can do to a lithium battery and you never want to be in the air with a battery near 0%.
I wouldn't be too hard on the guy. He is evidently using a translator. Hes trying to communicate best he can.

I wouldn't be too hard on the guy. He is evidently using a translator. Hes trying to communicate best he can.

BTW, on many occasions I have tried asking Google for something and it completely misunderstood what I was saying. If I say , OK Google, where is the nearest restaurant" it might direct me to the nearest débutante.

Reactions: mnis and ff22

Looking at his other posts I am pretty sure he is not - he has defended the way he writes elsewhere in a condescending manner (rather than mention a translator) which also leads me to believe it's intentional. Translators also don't churn out as many unnecessarily complex words as possible, which is his style. He also uses slang in his other posts (eg. "kinda", "gotta") which a translator would never output and requires above average knowledge of the native language to use in the right context. It's a mystery I guess...

Looking at his other posts I am pretty sure he is not - he has defended the way he writes elsewhere in a condescending manner (rather than mention a translator) which also leads me to believe it's intentional. Translators also don't churn out as many unnecessarily complex words as possible, which is his style. He also uses slang in his other posts (eg. "kinda", "gotta") which a translator would never output and requires above average knowledge of the native language to use in the right context. It's a mystery I guess...

Ok, just wondering.

When brand new battery arrives status is "hibernate mode" and when you press status button none indication, but that does not mean internal cells are all zero energies?

Yes! If there are no indicator lights, then the battery might be damaged.
Purchased new batteries have none indication pressing button. After complete charge then button status works. But did it initially possess any stored energies being in factory hibernation?

Purchased new batteries have none indication pressing button. After complete charge then button status works. But did it initially possess any stored energies being in factory hibernation?

Yes but stored energies might be less than 3.2 volts per cell. Be careful with those batteries.

Yes! If there are no indicator lights, then the battery might be damaged.
The literature from their site is not concise explaining factory fresh new battery hibernation mode. It had have to be factory load tested meaning charged up for proof testing before marketed. Assumption is thus made it leaves the factory at 30% however the button is firmware locked out displaying until initial full charging that trips firmware to now engage status display to user. The basis for the unlocking is to engage countdown of longevity cycles amongst other informational data. Is this postulate reasonable as to why button displays nothing fresh from factory?

Yes but stored energies might be less than 3.2 volts per cell. Be careful with those batteries.
Are you warning that factory fresh should give button status illumination? My batteries all did not illuminate fresh out of sealed box. Only after full charging did illumination status start working.

Are you warning that factory fresh should give button status illumination? My batteries all did not illuminate fresh out of sealed box. Only after full charging did illumination status start working.

Yes they should! Almost every battery I have ever gotten has had at least 1 light on when new. If any one did not have any lights, I would send it back to DJI for a new one. No lights means that the voltage fell below the minimum that the batteries internal circuitry can recognize.

Yes they should! Almost every battery I have ever gotten has had at least 1 light on when new. If any one did not have any lights, I would send it back to DJI for a new one. No lights means that the voltage fell below the minimum that the batteries internal circuitry can recognize.
Alright factory status hibernation mode must have status illumination. Unusual the same batteries give no issues whatsoever having been utilized well over 15 repetitions of successful full flights and durations of large continuous minutes.

What he said !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead