DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

T6 TORX Screws loose under props on the M2Z.

True that.. the smallest I have is 1/4" inch pounds and that might be to big but still the specs would be helpful reguardless.

ed5c5e821e2dac17acf09f084127a7bb.jpg

There are some cheaper than 800 bucks

Reactions: Former Member
I would trust this tool . And ask my wife : I have spent way too much on tools ? lol

I was thinking about getting one or asking my snapon dealer . I like snapon tools . It’s like a drug

Just remember that breakaway torque is different than tightening torque. Usually it’s best to mark the fastener and mating surface before loosening, then tighten to the same position and record torque value. Also, to be safe, you may want to subtract whatever error the torque wrench has at a given value.

What kind of torque gauge would you use? Ive never seen one small enough to use on these screws.

I like this one, but havent got enough in the piggy bank:

DID-4A Cedar Digital Torque Screwdriver with Memory & USB Data Output with ISO-17025 Calibration Cert, 35 lb-in Capacity, 0.20~35.00 lbf-in Measuring Range: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
Oh, almost the price of a drone! Better act fast - only nine left in stock. Wonder what kind/size of bits it can use? The new electric front wheel of my road bike needs a torque wrench.

Without the torque wrench, it's two fingers and feel for the resistance as the fastener snugs.

For small fasteners, it's no more than purple Loctite (as others have mentioned). An even better choice would be Vibra-tite VC-3, as it's reusable and low strength. The only "problem" is you need to apply to threads and wait 15 minutes before assembly. Work through about 5 assembly/disassembly cycles.

I thank you for the information, I will check the screws one month from now, if the same ones have loosened again I will put a locktite on it. I know they are classified colors I believe. One will almost permabond the screw, the other will lock the screw but not bond it totally.
Use blue Locktite. That's the one that can be loosened again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2