DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet and Phone Setup for MA2

hdjones

Reactions
Hi all... I'm currently set up perfectly with my Note 8 and MA2. However, when I attempt to link up with my Android Zenpad 8 tablet, it's a no-go. I believe I recall someone posting similar that they had to uninstall DJI FLY with the phone, then reinstall Fly to use the tablet. Seems ridiculous that DJI would limit us to choosing only one display to fly MA2. Can someone please shed some light here?

I use a Samsung Tab A and a Galaxy S7 back and forth depending on what I'm doing so I really don't think you have to uninstall, I've done this for both my mini and my air 2. I did it this weekend was flying 1st two batteries on the tablet and when the sun was getting lower I wanted the compass option of my phone, I switched it out with no issues.

I use a Samsung Tab A and a Galaxy S7 back and forth depending on what I'm doing so I really don't think you have to uninstall, I've done this for both my mini and my air 2. I did it this weekend was flying 1st two batteries on the tablet and when the sun was getting lower I wanted the compass option of my phone, I switched it out with no issues.

Hmmmm... well thanks, that's what I need to hear to confirm I have some other problem. Are you using the stock transfer cable with your Tab A? I have a new longer data cable coming from PGYTECH shortly, so I'll try it and reassess after that. Any other thoughts or process you may have used in setting your devices up, much appreciated. Thanks for the feedback!

I'm using the stock for MA2 for both phone and tablet, but on the mini I've got the charging cable connected to an OTG adapter, I played with several cable combinations and couldn't get them to work on the MA2 at all so it could be a cable issue for you.

Reactions: hdjones
I'm using the stock for MA2 for both phone and tablet, but on the mini I've got the charging cable connected to an OTG adapter, I played with several cable combinations and couldn't get them to work on the MA2 at all so it could be a cable issue for you.
As I suspect may e the case... thanks!

Hi all... I'm currently set up perfectly with my Note 8 and MA2. However, when I attempt to link up with my Android Zenpad 8 tablet, it's a no-go. I believe I recall someone posting similar that they had to uninstall DJI FLY with the phone, then reinstall Fly to use the tablet. Seems ridiculous that DJI would limit us to choosing only one display to fly MA2. Can someone please shed some light here?
DJI doesn't restrict you to just one display device.
Perhaps this will help sort things out:

My Tab A 10 tells me that the fly software isn't compatable with the tablet. Could this be an age thing as regards the tablet?

My eight inch Tab A works just fine. Does the tablet connect to the radio? If not, it might be the cable. I had to get a usbc TO micro usb cable, not the other way around. I tried micro usb to usbc and it wouldn't connect. With the right cable mine worked immediately. Hope this is helpful.

My eight inch Tab A works just fine. Does the tablet connect to the radio? If not, it might be the cable. I had to get a usbc TO micro usb cable, not the other way around. I tried micro usb to usbc and it wouldn't connect. With the right cable mine worked immediately. Hope this is helpful.
The software won't actually install into the tablet. I've tried several times, by deleteing the original download and re-downloading it. The tablet is 2016 and is kept up to date .

The software won't actually install into the tablet. I've tried several times, by deleteing the original download and re-downloading it. The tablet is 2016 and is kept up to date .
It might be the version of Android you are using

I'm having a similar problem. I'm able to fly my Mavic Air using a Samsung Galaxy Tablet S2 SMT813 and running the DJI GO FLY app but this same tablet will not work with my Mavic Air 2 which uses the DJI Fly app. So I'm thinking the DJI Fly app may be where the problem is. I've read some forum posts that indicate DJI may be launching firmware updates to address that issue. Not sure how legit that info is but I'm hoping they do. I prefer to fly using my Galaxy tablet rather than my Galaxy S10 cell phone because my vision isn't what it used to be, so bigger is better in my case. Meanwhile I plan to order a new USB-C to micro USB cable just in case that's where the problem exists.

Fantastic, that's the setup I'm looking to fly with. Again, hoping the issue I'm having using the Galaxy S2 Tablet, stems from the cable. Really don't want to have to go tablet shopping again. Thanks for sharing that info and pic.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralph.smith.mckenzie@gmai