DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet Holder with Different Structures, Which One is better?

I Bods any chance of some pics of AVID infinity Tablet Holder please you got my interest

I use this one. It is made of aluminum so very light and sturdy. It does cover the RC screen but with a slight tip you can see it if you want to. I like the balance and it folds almost flat to fit inside my FMC bag. $17 on Amazon.

View attachment 81842

View attachment 81841

I use the exact same model and it works great. If anyone plans on buying this one, make sure you also purchase the aluminum adjustment nut to replace the plastic one that comes with the mount. The plastic nut cracks easily.

I use the exact same model and it works great. If anyone plans on buying this one, make sure you also purchase the aluminum adjustment nut to replace the plastic one that comes with the mount. The plastic nut cracks easily.
How is the balance with this one when using a lanyard if you let go does it stay firm or topple over.i need to let go to just use the tablet screen through a disability can only use my left hand.at the moment I use a Tray. thanks for any help....

How is the balance with this one when using a lanyard if you let go does it stay firm or topple over.i need to let go to just use the tablet screen through a disability can only use my left hand.at the moment I use a Tray. thanks for any help....

I don’t use a lanyard. I’m a glutton for punishment and I hate my wrists and forearms.

I actually have never used a lanyard. It’s something I would probably love and benefit from but I haven’t gotten around to it. Now that I’ve seen so many people with them, I guess I’ll have to get the ol’ wallet out.

I fashioned a S hook that attaches the mount to the carry handle of my FMC bag. Then I hang the bag from my neck with the shoulder strap. It stays upright and allows single hand use when I hand launch/land or even no hands on when I need both to change a battery. I added a stick-on piece of Velcro so the front flap could fold over my tablet case in the front pocket which makes more of a shelf for the mount to rest on.

the AVID infinity Tablet Holder comes standard with a professional quality, fully adjustable lanyard which also has a quick release clip so you don’t have to lift it over your head.
to my knowledge it’s the only tablet holder on the market that has a perfectly balanced COG allowing you to go handsfree without having to worry about your RC & tablet (or phone) spinning & flipping around all over the shop - potentially smashing your gear to the ground ?

I must not be looking in the correct place. I can’t find this holder for sale anywhere.

Go to Home Depot, Rona, etc and buy some flat aluminum and a pop riveter.20191124_161013.jpg riveter.

Or make your own for 1/3 the price - and have a pop riveter for future products.
Almost all of the commercial holders I've seen are awkward to balance; they are top heavy. Mine is not - and you can make it yourself.

I bought this tablet holder.

Holds my Samsung 10.1 but needs a slight modification. The upper arm has a tab that keeps the tablet from squeezing out, but the bottom doesnt. Should be a quick mod with a Dremel to make a notch so that the tablet is fully secure. I like the thumbscrews that tighten the joints, but they skipped one at the base. Will tighten that one further. The picky will want a set screw where the tablet base connects to the arms, tiny bit of rattle there. I'm a picky person!

Bought this sunshade/visor

Happy with is so far, limited use.

Bought an anti-glare screen protector, need to turn up the tablet screen brightness and have another flight over the holiday weekend!

I bought this tablet holder.

Holds my Samsung 10.1 but needs a slight modification. The upper arm has a tab that keeps the tablet from squeezing out, but the bottom doesnt. Should be a quick mod with a Dremel to make a notch so that the tablet is fully secure. I like the thumbscrews that tighten the joints, but they skipped one at the base. Will tighten that one further. The picky will want a set screw where the tablet base connects to the arms, tiny bit of rattle there. I'm a picky person!

Bought this sunshade/visor

Happy with is so far, limited use.

Bought an anti-glare screen protector, need to turn up the tablet screen brightness and have another flight over the holiday weekend!
As much as I like that the mount does not interfere with the antennas, allowing a windsurfer to be used, the mounting mechanism still appears to obstruct the view of the RC display, so you might as well use the cheaper one-piece Skyreat tablet holder for 1/3 the price.

The mount does minorly obstruct the view of the remote, but I find myself using the info displayed on the tablet instead. You can look around the mount without too much difficulty, if the app crashes.

Seems like the Skyreat would completely block the controller screen and buttons. I find myself looking at the buttons on the controller to be sure I am doing it right. Havent been doing this long, rather look then just press and mess up.

The mount does minorly obstruct the view of the remote, but I find myself using the info displayed on the tablet instead. You can look around the mount without too much difficulty, if the app crashes.

Seems like the Skyreat would completely block the controller screen and buttons. I find myself looking at the buttons on the controller to be sure I am doing it right. Havent been doing this long, rather look then just press and mess up.
Skyreat does completely block the controller screen and buttons, which has only been a problem when flying the Mavic 2 Zoom, when needing to adjust the exposure during video with the 5 way button. However, the Mavic 2 Pro still uses the default side wheel on the right for that, so no issue. I can still swivel the iPad out of the way if needed on the metal ball connector. Keeping the iPad closer to the RC makes it more ergonomic and better balanced overall for me, despite its few shortcomings. I've tried almost every other mount, and it still works best for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329