DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet Holder with Different Structures, Which One is better?

oldcotton

Reactions
I am a newbie in drone, please forgive my ignorance.:)

I am planning getting a tablet holder to use my Galaxy S2 8" with Mavic Pro. I am seeing there are two-different-structured table holders in the market. One has the support arm on top of remote controller, the other one has the support arm come from the back of the remote controller. See links below for details:

This one has supporting arm on top of the controller (most popular):

This one has supporting arm from the back of the controller (a little bit rare compare with one above):

Which one is better? Please share your experience. Any inputs are welcomed! Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I have this one from PGYtech and it’s work just fine for My needs. It’s available in two models.

If you let go of the remote does it want to turn your pad down or is it balanced to stay up Northbound ?

Thats
If you let go of the remote does it want to turn your pad down or is it balanced to stay up Northbound ?
Thatś what my fat belly is for.....

If i just let it go, its fine but if i move it flips, but it stays in the holder, it doesn´t slide whatsoever.

Reactions: dirkclod
I also prefer the style with the plate that fits between the controller arms. Mine is a Sunnylife model, albeit very similar to the Pygtech and Uzopi models, with a small tripod head for maximum flexibility in screen positioning. That's quite useful to get the best angle to minimise sunlight reflections, which is a major plus. It's also entirely aluminium where it counts; I've seen several reports of models where the arm and/or mounting arrangement is plastic that has broken after a relatively short period of use, so be sure to check the reviews. The arm is also long enough that you can place the phone/tablet (it supports both) behind the RC is you want, although that does tend to make it more front-heavy, but not enough that you'd notice for the duration of a typical flight.

While I like the arrangement, I found the "snap over" style needed to put the screen behind the RC a little too fiddly to set up and tear down, but that wouldn't matter if you're planning on leaving it fitted. Both types make for quite a bulky and awkward shape if you're planning on doing this though, especially if you have bunch of other gear that needs to fit in your bag. The model I tried also needed quite a bit of pressure on the holder and RC to get it fitted, so having to do that every time I wanted to put it away would probably have resulted in something getting broken sooner or later.

Reactions: oldcotton
I also prefer the style with the plate that fits between the controller arms. Mine is a Sunnylife model, albeit very similar to the Pygtech and Uzopi models, with a small tripod head for maximum flexibility in screen positioning. That's quite useful to get the best angle to minimise sunlight reflections, which is a major plus. It's also entirely aluminium where it counts; I've seen several reports of models where the arm and/or mounting arrangement is plastic that has broken after a relatively short period of use, so be sure to check the reviews. The arm is also long enough that you can place the phone/tablet (it supports both) behind the RC is you want, although that does tend to make it more front-heavy, but not enough that you'd notice for the duration of a typical flight.

While I like the arrangement, I found the "snap over" style needed to put the screen behind the RC a little too fiddly to set up and tear down, but that wouldn't matter if you're planning on leaving it fitted. Both types make for quite a bulky and awkward shape if you're planning on doing this though, especially if you have bunch of other gear that needs to fit in your bag. The model I tried also needed quite a bit of pressure on the holder and RC to get it fitted, so having to do that every time I wanted to put it away would probably have resulted in something getting broken sooner or later.

Thanks for the elaboration. I decided to order the style you recommended. :)

I have this one from PGYtech and it’s work just fine for My needs. It’s available in two models.

Weird, the two models look identical for me.

BTW, where did you get your sunnylife holder? I tried on Amazon, couldn't find this brand.

I use this one. It is made of aluminum so very light and sturdy. It does cover the RC screen but with a slight tip you can see it if you want to. I like the balance and it folds almost flat to fit inside my FMC bag. $17 on Amazon.

1568669403827.png

1568669143699.png

BTW, where did you get your sunnylife holder? I tried on Amazon, couldn't find this brand.

I got it from Amazon UK, but it doesn't seem to be available from the supplier I used anymore. As usual for Chinese made products there are a number of "very similar" products though; this one from RC GearPro appears to be essentially the same item.

I got it from Amazon UK, but it doesn't seem to be available from the supplier I used anymore. As usual for Chinese made products there are a number of "very similar" products though; this one from RC GearPro appears to be essentially the same item.

Thank you. I found one in Tmall (Chinese Version Amazon). They have upgrade version now, which replaced the plastic tablet holder with aluminum. I may ask a friend to bring one for me:

Shall I get red or black? I am hesitating coz both color look great...

I am planning getting a table holder to my Galaxy S2 8" with Mavic Pro. I am seeing there are two-different-structured table holders in the market. One has the support arm on top of remote controller, the other one has the support arm come from the back of the remote controller. See links below for details:

[/URL]

This one has supporting arm from the back of the controller (a little bit rare compare with one above):
[/URL]

Which one is better? Please share your experience. Any inputs are welcomed! Thanks in advance!

I am planning getting a table holder to my Galaxy S2 8" with Mavic Pro. I am seeing there are two-different-structured table holders in the market. One has the support arm on top of remote controller, the other one has the support arm come from the back of the remote controller. See links below for details:

[/URL]

[/URL]

I tried 2 different holders and found them to be either awkward or wobbly. So, just made my own from scrap wood and velcro. Works with any phone or tablet. If, you don't mind having velcro on the back of your device ?

[/URL]

[/URL]

Reactions: Skywalker
I tried 2 different holders and found them to be either awkward or wobbly. So, just made my own from scrap wood and velcro. Works with any phone or tablet. If, you don't mind having velcro on the back of your device ?

Attachments

• 20190917_060247.jpg
    20190917_060247.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
All made by aluminum, including the joints? Thank you.
Mine is all aluminum except the nut and joint that the "ball" fits into. I have read where a metal nut is available but I have not had any problems with this.

I decided on the MavMount ( Mavmount website ) It is really well made by a pro drone pilot, lots of options for phones to large tablets with great balance. I use mine with an S8 Active and with another clamp a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 inch. Some people recommend using a lanyard for extra support, but I hold my Tab A just like the regular Mavic Air controller with a cell phone. An added bonus is the customer service, very responsive and helpful with any questions. You'll only have to buy this once. for what it's worth.

Reactions: oldcotton

Whatever one you get, make sure you can obtain or fabricate a sunshade... in Arizona it is practically essential to easy screen viewing.

I decided on the MavMount ( Mavmount website ) It is really well made by a pro drone pilot, lots of options for phones to large tablets with great balance. I use mine with an S8 Active and with another clamp a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 inch. Some people recommend using a lanyard for extra support, but I hold my Tab A just like the regular Mavic Air controller with a cell phone. An added bonus is the customer service, very responsive and helpful with any questions. You'll only have to buy this once. for what it's worth.

It looks very high quality and well built. Tempting...

It looks very high quality and well built. Tempting...
I have found it to be bombproof. I've never had a tablet or phone fall out of the clamp like some of the cheaper ones I've tried. The base fits the remote precisely and the adjustment absolutely locks in place once you have the perfect fit you are looking for. I'm sure there are other good ones out there, but I am completely satisfied with the Mavmount, no need to look any further for my needs (wilderness, back country, alpine, desert canyon)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31