DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet question!!

Vest596

Reactions
Anyone use a vanyko mayrixpad s20? I came across these on amazon and it looks pretty good for the price better than a samsung 8 but i would like to make sure it works with the fly app before i get it!

Anyone use a vanyko mayrixpad s20? I came across these on amazon and it looks pretty good for the price better than a samsung 8 but i would like to make sure it works with the fly app before i get it!
Not on the compatibility list but who knows. Amazon has a nice return policy.

I can guarantee you that tablet will lag your live feed.
Guarantee based on what? Actual experience?

The thing runs a Octa-Core 1.6 GHz 64-bit professor with IMG8322 graphics and 3GB ram. Based on specs it should have no issue.

IPS display looks pretty good also.

I can guarantee you that tablet will lag your live feed.
I have a stylo 5 i use now with pretty much the same specs and it does fine. Its either this or a ipad mini but i just found out a ipad doesn't have gps or compass

Yea and i mean its 64 bit 3gb ram better specs than most android tablets and good reviews I will need to find a mount that fits it.
I'm in the market for a tablet at the moment, did you ever buy this and if so are you happy with it?

I bought both that and the samsung 8" tablet from Amazon to try out...free returns. The Vanyko downloaded the app and ran, but wouldn't connect to the controller no matter what I did. I tried the cable that came with the MA2 and everything...no dice. So it's going back. However the Samsung seems to work well and honestly after using it for a bit I don't think I'd want something bigger just from an ergonomics standpoint(but that's just me)

Question, I have a few compatible tablets laying around my house, however I don't want to put a SIM card in any of them. Will I still get the compass on the bottom of the screen? ty

I bought both that and the samsung 8" tablet from Amazon to try out...free returns. The Vanyko downloaded the app and ran, but wouldn't connect to the controller no matter what I did. I tried the cable that came with the MA2 and everything...no dice. So it's going back. However the Samsung seems to work well and honestly after using it for a bit I don't think I'd want something bigger just from an ergonomics standpoint(but that's just me)
Just to be sure, is this the one you're talking about?
Also, after holding the one I just got, I was wondering about the ergonomics of holding it for long periods of time...I would think it would be pretty top heavy...thanks!

Question, I have a few compatible tablets laying around my house, however I don't want to put a SIM card in any of them. Will I still get the compass on the bottom of the screen? ty
I get it on my Ipad Mini 5 and after installing Compass X it works flawlessly.

Reactions: nencmeister
I have been researching what tablets are compatible with the FLY app and it seems all current IPAD tablets are compatible.
For Android tablets they MUST have the following -
64 bit processor
at least 2GB RAM
64 bit Android version 6.0 or above operating system

Now comes the tricky bit, how can you know if the 64 bit version of Android is installed?
Obviously if it can download and install the DJI FLY app (if you search for DJI FLY APP in Google Store and the list of apps displayed contains DJI FLY then it should be ok).
What happens if you can't actually test this before purchasing? If the tablet has 4GB RAM then it most likely has the 64bit operating system as the 32 bit version of Android cannot address 4gb RAM.
NOTE some tablets sold for the USA and Canada markets may only have 2GB RAM (eg Samsung T290) but they come with the 64 bit operating system.

Hope this helps.

I have been researching what tablets are compatible with the FLY app and it seems all current IPAD tablets are compatible.
For Android tablets they MUST have the following -
64 bit processor
at least 2GB RAM
64 bit Android version 6.0 or above operating system

Now comes the tricky bit, how can you know if the 64 bit version of Android is installed?
Obviously if it can download and install the DJI FLY app (if you search for DJI FLY APP in Google Store and the list of apps displayed contains DJI FLY then it should be ok).
What happens if you can't actually test this before purchasing? If the tablet has 4GB RAM then it most likely has the 64bit operating system as the 32 bit version of Android cannot address 4gb RAM.
NOTE some tablets sold for the USA and Canada markets may only have 2GB RAM (eg Samsung T290) but they come with the 64 bit operating system.

Hope this helps.
I bought the t290 samsung at walmart. I had all kinds of freezing and total disconnects on a 20 minute flight. I returned it to walmart today.

Same here, bought the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" 32 GB Wifi Android 9.0 Pie Tablet Black (2019) - SM-T290NZKAXAR through Amazon and was super excited when it arrived. Sadly my excitement was short lived. Like everyone else attempting to use this tablet I quickly noticed the DJI Fly app is not listed in the Play Store so ventured to the DJI webpage and successfully downloaded it from there. I went through the whole setup process, did a test at home and all seemed to go as expected. Took it out to our local RC flying field, flew around a bit and ran it through the various quick shot modes. All seemed good so decided to do a distance check to see if I could still reach the 10,000 ft., distance previously done using my Samsung Galaxy S10 cell phone, but no dice; the screen went completely black at 2,119 ft., with battery at approx. 72%. I didn't panic (well maybe a little) hit RTH on the controller thinking maybe I had inadvertently dislodged the connection cable. After a few seconds the screen came back on and Go Fly app appeared to have restarted. I thought okay, that was odd and a bit scary so I ran AirData UAV when I got home to see what was going. It shows at 2,119 ft. I experienced "Download data connection lost for 3.6 seconds". I took the MA2 out again today and experienced the screen blacking out again so, that's it I'm done with this particular tablet. Gonna bite the bullet and buy an Apple iPad Mini 5, as much as I don't care for Apple products I'm not ready to lose my MA2 over brand loyalty.

That's a big concern (screen blanks out at 10000 feet) but it also is listed here as being suitable. Maybe they didn't test long range reception.
The Samsung models: SM-T290, SM-T290NZKAXAR is mentioned as being compatible see here

I don't know enough to be certain but I thought that it was the controller which 'relayed' video from the A2 camera to the screen device so I don't think the blank screen shouldn't have been caused by loss of video signal from the A2. Anyway if it happened twice it would be enough of a concern not to want to use that device again.
I saw at least 2 other contributors state they use that device without problems but maybe they don't fly so far away.
In any case personnally I would not fly that far away - sounds kind of scarey.

From what I have read Ipads seem to work the best.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007