DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablets no longer supported in the US?

WaltBen

Reactions
Had my Air 2 for about 4 years and went to first a Samsung A7 about three years back. That worked well for about a year and then seemed to get dropped by DJI Fly. Went to an A8 a year ago, and it worked great until the last Fly 'upgrade'. Now it's not usable with ANY DJI app. Looking at their compatibility list, there's no Android tablets listed as compatible, and not even iPads are supported anymore. My phone is a Galaxy S10 and while it works with the older version of Fly that's on it, I'm seriously not going to upgrade it as it's also not listed as 'compatible'. Is this something to do with needing a GPS in the device being used for FAA purposes? I thought the controllers had one.

Uninstall the current app/s, use the "uninstall " function on the tablet, DO NOT use a computer to delete the apps' file structures. In fact I who copy all the logs to computer prior to the uninstall.

Goto
Download DJI Fly APKs for Android - APKMirror
down load as older version of the app and install it.

The same site hosts go and go4 APKs, just google the app name, apk and mirror.

Once you have working versions don't update those apps again.

If you delete the file structures via computer you will lose you flight logs.
You might encounter one problem with logs, some older versions of an app will not replay logs recorded by a newer version e.g. from memory fly 1.x.y will not play logs recorded by fly 1.2.+ and later, in fact I recollect 1.x.y doesn't show any logs if a 1.2.+ log is on the device.
If that happens you would have to delete the newer version logs. Personally I would move troublesome logs to computer.

Last edited:
Had my Air 2 for about 4 years and went to first a Samsung A7 about three years back. That worked well for about a year and then seemed to get dropped by DJI Fly. Went to an A8 a year ago, and it worked great until the last Fly 'upgrade'. Now it's not usable with ANY DJI app. Looking at their compatibility list, there's no Android tablets listed as compatible, and not even iPads are supported anymore. My phone is a Galaxy S10 and while it works with the older version of Fly that's on it, I'm seriously not going to upgrade it as it's also not listed as 'compatible'.
That a device isn't on DJI's list, doesn't mean it won't work.
DJI's list has never shown all compatible devices ... just a few that they have tested.
Many of the best flying devices have never been on their list.
Is this something to do with needing a GPS in the device being used for FAA purposes? I thought the controllers had one.
Most Android tablets and phones have GPS receivers (there are only a few exceptions).
The controllers with integrated screens have GPS, the older style controllers don't.

Uninstall the current app/s, use the "uninstall " function on the tablet, DO NOT use a computer to delete the apps' file structures. In fact I who copy all the logs to computer prior to the uninstall.

Goto

You might encounter one problem with logs, some older versions of an app will not replay logs recorded by a newer version e.g. from memory fly 1.x.y will not play logs recorded by fly 1.2.+ and later, in fact I recollect 1.x.y doesn't show any logs if a 1.2.+ log is on the device.
If that happens you would have to delete the newer version logs. Personally I would move troublesome logs to computer.
Tried this on my PC and was able to download, but on my tablet I got some 'create a free account' thing that insisted on my giving a credit card number. Don't think so.

UPDATE - Downloaded one to my PC, then copied it to my tablet via USB cable. First was the first version at 13.0 and that did not work on my A8. Next will be a version 12.8.

12.8 gives the same frozen 'enhanced warning zone' stuff (which I'm not anywhere near!).

Installed 12.5 and it WORKS again! Never gonna 'upgrade' again! Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud

Goto

Tried this on my PC and was able to download, but on my tablet I got some 'create a free account' thing that insisted on my giving a credit card number.
That a device isn't on DJI's list, doesn't mean it won't work.
DJI's list has never shown all compatible devices ... just a few that they have tested.
Many of the best flying devices have never been on their list.

Most Android tablets and phones have GPS receivers (there are only a few exceptions).
The controllers with integrated screens have GPS, the older style controllers don't.
Thanks, but I'm aware that almost all tablets and phones have GPS receivers - that's not what I believe is the problem. Pretty certain it's what they did to their software for some bizarre reason. Can't figure out what or why though. If you look at their list there are NO tablets of any kind now supported.

Tried this on my PC and was able to download, but on my tablet I got some 'create a free account' thing that insisted on my giving a credit card number. Don't think so.

UPDATE - Downloaded one to my PC, then copied it to my tablet via USB cable. First was the first version at 13.0 and that did not work on my A8. Next will be a version 12.8.

12.8 gives the same frozen 'enhanced warning zone' stuff (which I'm not anywhere near!).

Installed 12.5 and it WORKS again! Never gonna 'upgrade' again! Thanks for the info!
It didn't occur to me that you'd download directly to the tablet, sorry about that, I only download to computer, aside from anything else I want the library on the computer. I too would not have entered cc details

Pretty certain it's what they did to their software for some bizarre reason. Can't figure out what or why though. If you look at their list there are NO tablets of any kind now supported.
I'm pretty certain that you are incorrect and whether tablets are on the list or not doesn't matter.
If you previously used one, it should still work just fine.
I know that mine does.

Reactions: Capt KO
I have a lot of tablets out there all Android and have had no one indicate any problems. Follow instructions and load to your tablet. I think you'll find they will work. Lot of good suggestions above.

Not sure what your problem could be and I don't have an android Pad BUT My controller is working fine with my Ipad attached. It is current with firmware I have seen nothing different.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Tablets & phones with enough cpu will get it done. I'm still using ipad mini 5 and Samsung a53 phone successfully. GO4/FLY

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rapidppoint