DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taken by the Wind... Bye Bye Mavic

So sad..

There is almost 0 wind - notice the flag in the background, so the rEaction of the mavic is VERY strange from my point of view.

Reactions: Blades
Prop installed incorrectly or compass interference...I would imagine that deck is all metal underneath it's covering.

Guy shouldn't have moved or he could have probably take a hit and saved Mr. Mavic

Reactions: Blades
Look the boat is moving.. fast and turning, mavic wasn't going to just hover
You might have a point. So maybe if he had given full throttle up in sport mode and cleared the railing, he could have been ok.

I'd bet it was a combination of moving boat, screwed up compass from metal boat and incorrectly installed or stuck prop.

Either way, that was ugly. That sucks. Sorry man!

Would this be covered by Care Refresh?

I lost mine a couple of months ago due to what I believed was high winds. I was pushing full throttle in my own direction for the entire time it drifted away. By the time I lost signal it was two miles away. DJI said flatly that a lost drone was not covered. Just wondering whether this would apply if the problem wasn't wind at all, and was a prop or other fault. Would I be able to find this out from the logs?

Oops! Sorry for hijacking the thread ;)

Wow, shortest flight ever. You probably used auto-launch, but I never do that as I like to let it idle for a few seconds so I can look and listen to it, to make sure everything sounds ok, before takeoff. I agree, it's not wind, that bird was doomed from the very first split-second that it lifted away from the ground.

Wanted so much to say its a clone but after watching it many time the sound is just too mavic not to be a mavic. Our Mavic's have a very unique sound.

Look the boat is moving.. fast and turning, mavic wasn't going to just hover

Brilliant observation!
I did not pick up the boat moving and all the ramifications that go with that. This is actually a very good video to demonstrate how a problem that may not seem obvious can cause a disaster.

If the boat had been going in another direction the Mavic could have plowed into people. A fast take off as pointed out was the solution.

Rob

Hey of y'all look at the video and stoped at moment of lift , I see one of rear propeller is unfolded..

The whole operation was sloppy, the only good thing was the video.
If it hadn't crashed then it was only a matter of time before he lost it somewhere else on the trip.
Still think no GPS lock and Compass errors.

Hey of y'all look at the video and stoped at moment of lift , I see one of rear propeller is unfolded..

Yeah, it looks like the propellers were stuck together and unable to open up or something...

guys.. that's basically what happened to Mr when I had the "brilliant" idea to take off from a metal hutch... everything was normal I took off and few seconds later Mavic acted just like that.. I was lucky though cause I went all the way up and few seconds later when Mavic got crazy I did not hit anything cause I was in a empty area..
have a look:
this is what happened to me.. be CAREFUL

Reactions: matth1000
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes