DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Talk me out of Mavic 2 Pro

That’s interesting. When I click on my coupon to use it and the discounted items page comes up, underneath each item is a button that says “buy with coupon”. When I click on that it takes me to the payments page. It does not put the item in my cart nor does it allow me to go to my cart or to add more items to the order. It goes straight to the secure checkout page.

Disregard. I just figured out how to do it. Wish I would have known when I made my other purchase. Would have saved me a coupon.

Yeah, the way DJI has the educational discount coupon usage configured is really misleading. It makes you think you can only apply the 10% coupon to one item by going straight to the checkout page without an option to continue shopping the store to add additional items. I cancelled out of that, went to the regular DJI Store, added all the items to my cart and then selected one of the coupons from the dropdown on the payment page.

A tip for anyone buying their drone for business use. You can get $500 cash credit if you open a Chase Ink Business Unlimited or Chase Ink Business Cash VISA card and spend at least $3000 the first 3 months after opening the account. I recently started a real estate photography business and purchased the M2P, Smart Controller and Ronis-S yesterday for my business using the Chase Ink Business Unlimited credit card I just received. Once I purchase the Fly More Kit and DJI Select membership in a couple weeks, that’ll push me just above the $3,000 minimum to get the $500 credit. And there’s no interest for the first 12 months! Definitely worth looking into if you’ll be using a drone for a business.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chip
Unless you earn your living with your photography the M2Z is far superior to the M2P in every way. You can cover 2x-4x more ground on each flight because you don't have to fly the 1/2 mile to see what that spec is, you can take 1000s of shots not possible with the M2P, take wildlife pics not possible with M2P +++ . The hobby fun factor is huge compared to the M2P. I can go on and on. The M2Z has 96mm zoom. That's huge. You can get your camera places the M2P can't touch.

Last edited:
You can cover 2x-4x more ground on each flight because you don't have to fly the 1/2 mile to see what that spec is, you can take 1000s of shots not possible with the M2P, take wildlife pics not possible with M2P ....You can get your camera places the M2P can't touch.
Sorry don’t understand what these statements mean. Please explain.

Sorry don’t understand what these statements mean. Please explain.
I may have misunderstood....down the thread I thought I read here was trying to decide between the M2P and the M2Z. If you are inquiring about the things the M2Z can do that the M2P can not.....I could write a book. What's your inquiry?

I may have misunderstood....down the thread I thought I read here was trying to decide between the M2P and the M2Z. If you are inquiring about the things the M2Z can do that the M2P can not.....I could write a book. What's your inquiry?
I can fly 125' above the tree canopy and shoot video of my buddies sitting around through a hole in the canopy that is an unidentifiable black spot with the M2P. I can video my buddy riding his dirt bike on a trail through trees with 96mm zoom that is a small dot for on the M2P. I can see a small from 2500 ft away and identify it without having to use 5% of my battery flying over to see what it is. I can look at a seemingly empty field at 48mm but when I take it to 96mm there is a guy on his ridding lawn mower mowing. I can Hoover over flowers from a distance without blowing the all to hell and get close up video. You want more?

I can fly 125' above the tree canopy and shoot video of my buddies sitting around through a hole in the canopy that is an unidentifiable black spot with the M2P. I can video my buddy riding his dirt bike on a trail through trees with 96mm zoom that is a small dot for on the M2P. I can see a small from 2500 ft away and identify it without having to use 5% of my battery flying over to see what it is. I can look at a seemingly empty field at 48mm but when I take it to 96mm there is a guy on his ridding lawn mower mowing. I can Hoover over flowers from a distance without blowing the all to hell and get close up video. You want more?
So the ability to zoom 2x is your point I gather from the above.

I can film deer walking across field that would only be butts running on an M2P. I can film my friends what water kyaking without having to fly over water. More?

I can fly up to at distance and film a lizard doing crazy stuff. M2P no lizard. I can fly M2Z from legal fly zone and video landmark that is illegal to fly over and count the butt whiskers of the fly in the wall if I want. 1000s of shots that can't be done with M2P

I can fly up to at distance and film a lizard doing crazy stuff. M2P no lizard. I can fly M2Z from legal fly zone and video landmark that is illegal to fly over and count the butt whiskers of the fly in the wall if I want. 1000s of shots that can't be done with M2P
Good illustrations of the 4x
zoom capability.

And the non video flight experience with 96mm is greatly enhanced with things you can see and do. The enjoyment and exploration factor is double

One final comment. I meant absolutely no offense to you or anybody in the M2P camp. The M2Ps strength is the camera. The M2Zs strength is greater versatility with the extra zoom from 48-96 both filming and just simply live view exploration. ...and I believe for the hobby flyer a greater fun factor. I love them all though and this forum.

Reactions: Thomas B
One final comment. I meant absolutely no offense to you or anybody in the M2P camp. The M2Ps strength is the camera. The M2Zs strength is greater versatility with the extra zoom from 48-96 both filming and just simply live view exploration. ...and I believe for the hobby flyer a greater fun factor. I love them all though and this forum.
None taken Thumbswayup
Why we have these discussions. Agree the camera is the only difference. I recommend the OP read all opinions As well as the camera/photography section of the online manual:

Reactions: ScottM2Zoom1
Are both cameras the same mega pixel? Does a cropped image from the MP2 look as good or better than a non-cropped MPZ image where both images are equal in how close they appear?

M2P has superior camera for post edit. Well....the camera specs are much better. You can't argue with the numbers. For me .... Nobody I know (friends and general public) can tell the difference between 12mp and 20mp just gazing at pics. But your photo savvy and photographers may.

Reactions: charliesRig
Unless you earn your living with your photography the M2Z is far superior to the M2P in every way. You can cover 2x-4x more ground on each flight because you don't have to fly the 1/2 mile to see what that spec is, you can take 1000s of shots not possible with the M2P, take wildlife pics not possible with M2P +++ . The hobby fun factor is huge compared to the M2P. I can go on and on. The M2Z has 96mm zoom. That's huge. You can get your camera places the M2P can't touch.

I Hear what your saying and would like to refute your post....

Not owning a M2P or zoom
My first point is Mavic2 zoom come up for sale quite a bit more the the Po and for a lot less
Must be a reason for so many units being resold

. (been watching this trend for a while)
Second... The whole zoom issues
With it 2/3 optical lens size don't you think it software managment
And the 1 inch lens on the Pro
If they can (I think it's doable)
They manipulate the software for zoom capabilities.... It's over
Move over MP1 for a couple hundred more you could buy a M2Z (in the secondary market) "used"
....cR

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt