DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tell me itā€™s not just me šŸ˜‚

You leave home all set to fly and when you arrive at the perfect location you realise you forgot:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not my MO. My favorite OooPs is to get approval, get on site, do all pre checks, have a great flight with all kinds of wonderful moments, get home and realize I never pressed the record button.
Too relatable

More than once, I got to my location and even launched before it told me there was no SD card. Sure enough, it was still in the computer from the previous flight. So, for about $3.00, I bought a credit-card-sized thingy that holds about 10 micro SD cards and an adapter. If I forget my main card, I have several backups of different capacities from which to choose.

Now I'm free to forget something else...

More than once, I got to my location and even launched before it told me there was no SD card. Sure enough, it was still in the computer from the previous flight. So, for about $3.00, I bought a credit-card-sized thingy that holds about 10 micro SD cards and an adapter. If I forget my main card, I have several backups of different capacities from which to choose
I've never forgot my SD card simply because of the routine go through at home afterwards. First thing I do is put the sd card in the computer to transfer the files and while the files are transferring a begin to update my flight log which requires some info from those files to properly do the log update, but I don't access those files for the info until they have finished transferring. When done I religiously take the SD card back out of the comp and put it back into whatever drone I'd been using that day. Up to yet I've never gone on a flight without my SD card. It works for me.
Now I'm free to forget something else...

As I get older I get freer (is freer a word ? it doesn't look right to me). So far my main freedom is forgetting to start record.

Yes, I have since trained myself, too... but my Boy Scout training says to "Be Prepared." Plus, I'm usually dragging along a GoPro and a Zoom audio recorder, too, so backup is good to have. The Zoom uses a full-sized SD, so the adapter works for that.

Since I broke my old Zoom's card slot lock from too much in-and-out, I've been downloading files via the USB. I think I can do that with my Mavic, too, but so far I've just been popping the card out. Is there more wear and tear by starting up the drone (for USB transfer) or by just popping the card out? Who can say?

I have two SD cards. One in the drone and one in the PC. I swap them everytime I download the photos/videos. Everything else stays in the bag, which I keep next to the battery charger. I'm never away long enough to deplete all three. :)

Iā€™m a pretty organised guy (so I thought). Walked 3 kilometres (1.8 miles) from home today to a perfect flight location. Began setting upā€¦.. and left the props at home! šŸ¤¬šŸ˜”šŸ˜¤ Tell me Iā€™m not aloneā€¦. Please complete this fun survey šŸ‘šŸ»
You need to add "phone or tablet" to the options....... Yup did it.

I've never forgotten to bring anything, I charge at home and check everything before I leave the house.
But I have made the mistake of making a beautiful flight only to realize I forgot to hit the record button! Lol

Reactions: FlushVision
You need to add "phone or tablet" to the options....... Yup did it.
Similar. I've shown up WITH my tablet, but it was at about 8% charge. Same with the remote control. Didn't forget them, as such, but DID forget to charge 'em up.

My Mini 3 pro showed up from DJI on Friday. So I charged up the batt, Paired the Mini 3 pro to the DJI RC I got for the Air 2s. Satuday I head out to my main flying spot. So I get there get drone ready fire up the RC and off for the M3P maiden flight. SO I head over to our little ligthouse take some Pics switch over to Video take video of lighthouse then fly back over the Boat Launch ramps Take a short vid, then to railroad lift bridge as it was rasing up for a boat to pass and I get message that internal memory full. Dang forgot to put SD card in. so I fly around some more till RTH kicked in because low Battery. landed and packed up to come home. Get home start to download from the drone and it hits me I had a SD card in the RC. and did not use it.... There Is my Dumbass Moment...LOL

Reactions: 3rdof5
My Mini 3 pro showed up from DJI on Friday. So I charged up the batt, Paired the Mini 3 pro to the DJI RC I got for the Air 2s. Satuday I head out to my main flying spot. So I get there get drone ready fire up the RC and off for the M3P maiden flight. SO I head over to our little ligthouse take some Pics switch over to Video take video of lighthouse then fly back over the Boat Launch ramps Take a short vid, then to railroad lift bridge as it was rasing up for a boat to pass and I get message that internal memory full. Dang forgot to put SD card in. so I fly around some more till RTH kicked in because low Battery. landed and packed up to come home. Get home start to download from the drone and it hits me I had a SD card in the RC. and did not use it.... There Is my Dumbass Moment...LOL
Well, I saw a nice spot the other day. Farmer's field. I drove past the house and the owner was outside, so I pulled in and asked if he minded me flying around in the next day or two. No problem. I headed home and on the way, decided to get my drone and go back right away. Got home, couldn't find the drone. Looked all over... nothing.
It was in the BACK SEAT OF MY CAR THE WHOLE TIME!!!! Under a sweatshirt, so I forgot it was there. When he gave me permission, I was 1/4 mile from the spot. Instead I drove 10 miles home only to find I had the thing with me. DUH!!

Reactions: 3rdof5
A pre-flight checklist is useful. Having a box with everything also helps as well as a notebook recording of battery charging.

A pre-flight checklist is useful. Having a box with everything also helps as well as a notebook recording of battery charging.
Of course it is, but like everything (in MY life, anyway), I have to mess up a few times before I think of that stuff ;-)

But then you have to remember the checklist.

It's turtles all the way down šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_