DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tello. Who's getting one? I did!

Thanks for sending the link.

When and if you get it to work, would you mind letting us know how you got it to work?

Thanks again.
Will do. It's arriving tomorrow so I'll see if I can review it altogether. It's Bluetooth so it should be straightforward. Hopefully. :)

Just missed one today, went out of stock again as I was completing the checkout!

Mine has just shipped and I should get it in the next couple days. I did order the HermitShell Case and the Gamesir T1 Controller just for poop and giggles. There was a couple reviews that I saw on Youtube using the controller and it looks like it works great! I'll review it when I get it but overall it looks like a solid drone/controller combo for what it is.

Just to confirm ... the Gamesir T1 Controller will not work with iPhone i believe.

Just to confirm ... the Gamesir T1 Controller will not work with iPhone i believe.

That's a good point. I'm not positively sure whether this is the case or not but I do have an android device. I have an apple device from my son and wife that I can try so I'll give everyone an update once I have it.

That's a good point. I'm not positively sure whether this is the case or not but I do have an android device. I have an apple device from my son and wife that I can try so I'll give everyone an update once I have it.

Oh my Tello has just arrived. With that said, in the back of the box, shows a list of accessories that you can get with the Tello. Batteries, colored cover to replace the white original color and a game controller. The game controller picture is the T1s (LINK) so to the very least, I'm on the right path on confirming that it "should" work. Unfortunately it is now $35 versus $25 when I purchased it last week. Yes I was impulsive with the purchase and also purchased the Hermit Shell Case. Hopefully the price doesn't go up from there as well :)

Flys good with the phone. Just played with it in slow mode and at that speed setting it struggles in light wind.

Attachments

• 20180305_162343.jpg
    20180305_162343.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 64
Hey all,

Just curious to see who has/planning to get the Tello? I was fortunate enough to acquire one a couple of weeks ago and have been having a blast with it. My wife, on the other hand, has not been too enthused.

You've had this a couple of weeks and no videos posted?!? :eek: Got an email from DJI today pushing the Tello, but it won't ship until a couple weeks after receiving payment. It's on Amazon as well, but reading the fine print it seems Amazon is just drop-shipping it straight from the DJI web site. No interest in it for me, but thinking of it for my teenage son, along with a Gamesir controller. I just can't get into using the virtual sticks on the phone screen. I don't want to dump a lot of money into a drone for my son as he hasn't really shown much interest in drones yet. This is about as cheap as it gets for a stable drone, even though it does use brushed motors.

with over $4500 spent on drones lately,if i bought another my wife would divorce me,wait....were not married,,,hmmm

LOL! I was about to sell my Spark and my wife noticed. All of a sudden she decided the Spark was cute and would be a great tool for taking photos of her gardens, and she commandeered my Spark! Completely out of the blue, never before exhibited any interest in any of my or my sons' drone flying. Maybe my evil plot to win her over to the dark side is working out...

Reactions: tiparoch
There are a lot of good toy drones with a controller you can fly indoors for less money if you don't care about a camera.

I saw a clip on Youtube from this week that is in English (most of the others on there are not). Not bad for $169 (AUD). something to play around with shortly when the weather changes here. Apparently it is going to be a cold and windy winter in Melbourne.

Do you happen to remember the URL for the English versioning the YouTube video?
Thanks

Got one this morning! looks like a long wait (15 days) shipping.

That's really helpful, I wish there will be more people who preorder this baby and give us review;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinskajitka