DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tello. Who's getting one? I did!

Let Us Drone

Reactions
Hey all,

Just curious to see who has/planning to get the Tello? I was fortunate enough to acquire one a couple of weeks ago and have been having a blast with it. My wife, on the other hand, has not been too enthused. With anything more than 5 mph wind being a real struggle for the tiny drone, I've been mostly antagonizing her while I sit on the couch in the room next door. Here are my pros/cons for the Tello so far:

Pros-
  • Extremely lightweight
  • Advanced technology for price point
  • DJI flair
  • One of the longest flight times in this category
  • Well built and durable
Cons-
  • Struggles outdoors
  • Does not come with transmitter
  • Often intermittent Wi-Fi connectivity
  • Short range
I'd love to hear thoughts from anyone else who's gotten their hands on one or plans to add one to their collection!

IMG_3845-e1519657115316.jpg

How were you able to acquire one already?

Alibaba.com
They started selling the Tello on there a couple of weeks ago. I did have to pay extra though, but I justified it for the review I wrote on the blog about it ;)

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Hey all,

Just curious to see who has/planning to get the Tello? I was fortunate enough to acquire one a couple of weeks ago and have been having a blast with it. My wife, on the other hand, has not been too enthused. With anything more than 5 mph wind being a real struggle for the tiny drone, I've been mostly antagonizing her while I sit on the couch in the room next door. Here are my pros/cons for the Tello so far:

Pros-
  • Extremely lightweight
  • Advanced technology for price point
  • DJI flair
  • One of the longest flight times in this category
  • Well built and durable
Cons-
  • Struggles outdoors
  • Does not come with transmitter
  • Often intermittent Wi-Fi connectivity
  • Short range
I'd love to hear thoughts from anyone else who's gotten their hands on one or plans to add one to their collection!

IMG_3845-e1519657115316.jpg
It's gonna be a great indoor drone for me. Glad you got one.

Reactions: Let Us Drone
Thinking of getting a swarm of these for coding club here at school. Just waiting on some reviews

Definitely a good way to keep people engaged. I personally would have been a lot more inclined to get into coding if the Tello had been around back in my school days [emoji1303].

I plan to get one but would like to know what controller will work with it. The phone thing is OK but I'd prefer a hand held game controller. I read it can be used with a Wi-Fi game controller so my cheapo 3D goggles will work with it. I just don't know how a controller will interface with the app. Plug-N-Play?

ill wait,least till i break in my spark,p3 and 2 mavics but an inside drone is nice to have to terrorize my dog with.:)

I’m getting one for sure, but I’m not a fan of the pre-order thing. I don’t need to be the first to have it.

Reactions: Let Us Drone
Thinking of getting a swarm of these for coding club here at school. Just waiting on some reviews

I saw a clip on Youtube from this week that is in English (most of the others on there are not). Not bad for $169 (AUD). something to play around with shortly when the weather changes here. Apparently it is going to be a cold and windy winter in Melbourne.

I plan to get one but would like to know what controller will work with it. The phone thing is OK but I'd prefer a hand held game controller. I read it can be used with a Wi-Fi game controller so my cheapo 3D goggles will work with it. I just don't know how a controller will interface with the app. Plug-N-Play?

Are you saying the drone doesn't come with the controller?

:(

I will whenever it's available form local stores, not exciting enough to play the preorder/early bird markup game this time.

There is no dedicated controller for the Tello, only phone app. But you're supposed to be able to use any standard bluetooth gamepad bound to the phone as control.

Reactions: xedder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78