DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Terrible drone range

I don't have problem regarding Range with my MA2, i always flew at open area at i can get up to 5,000meters of range, i rarely fly in populated areas.

Did you tried flying on Oceans or open area?
This is what I will do now with my new RESCUE JACKET ?

I can do a distance test over the ocean, North to South (I live on the eastern coast of FL). I won't try flying 5 miles east, over open Ocean, because that's just dumb.

Coming soon.

Well I am on my third MA2 now! First one range was 1200mtr sent it back and DJI replaced it due faulty signal board. When it came back it was great. LOst it in the drink so bought another one and its range now about 1000mtr before it starts losing reception.Gonna give it a few more flights before I make a decision. I feel there is a batch of dodgy components out there
Try another location. You live in Bali, can’t you just fly it out from the beach to the middle of the ocean?

Try another location. You live in Bali, can’t you just fly it out from the beach to the middle of the ocean?
I did and will again live in Bali but stuck in Sydney ATM..(thx Covid). My "test" flights are straight out over the ocean and in the same direction as before... the range is dismal.
What about recovery?
Recovery is a lot of faith in the RTH function...I tend to head back in whe the video fedd gets choppy but if signal lost hopefully after 11 secs it will come back.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Sorry, but I didn't make that run yesterday. The wind was coming from the East, and the only thing East for me, is water lol. I'm not making a distance run over the ocean.

Trying again today though. Wind seems to be coming from the west for now.
Do you have a skin on your MA2? I put an attractive metallic-looking skin on my M2P a few flights ago. After that, the drone would ignore control inputs, and display other connectivity anomalies i had not seen before. Flew again today, same conditions, same location, got the same results. Peeled off the skin, and everything returned to normal. Just sayin'.

Attachments

• Starship M Port Side View.JPG
    Starship M Port Side View.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 3
My MA2 defaults to FCC mode. I live in an area with a lot of interference from towers, powerlines, high rise buildings and usually get between 4000 and 8000 feet, depending on the direction. For best distance you'll need to put it up to 400' if that is legal in your area. I've had it go into Failsafe RTH a couple of times. No problems.

I've read that changing things on the drone like carbon fiber props, paint, skins can have an effect on transmission.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard