DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Testing PolarPro Cinema Series Vivid ND Filters

Are the cinema series really that much better than the Taco RC MC?
the Taco's are almost 50% lighter, and 50% less expensive... is that attributed to the glass?
has anyone done side by side comparisons with these 2? I'm interested in one of these kits that's for sure.
Can anyone weigh in?

thanks,

TaC

I played around with them in front of my computer monitor to find where the sweet spot was and then marked the bottom of the filter with a sharpie so that way I know that should be directly down.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

you do realize the "sweet spot" will change depending on the angle of the sun and reflections and the direction you're flying in right??! #BasicPolarizerTheory

Are the cinema series really that much better than the Taco RC MC?
the Taco's are almost 50% lighter, and 50% less expensive... is that attributed to the glass?
has anyone done side by side comparisons with these 2? I'm interested in one of these kits that's for sure.
Can anyone weigh in?

thanks,

TaC

"Glass" from what i understand the Taco's use died Acrylic not glass

you do realize the "sweet spot" will change depending on the angle of the sun and reflections and the direction you're flying in right??! #BasicPolarizerTheory
I've been looking at both types of filters, ND's and ND/PL's. I never used ND/PL's due to the fact of needing to rotate them for different situations. I noticed in Peter's video that he actually flew the drone in different directions, very close to 180 degrees in all without readjustment. Plus, he didn't actually find the best sweet spot for the flight itself (used a monitor). I do realize that there are many variables as you stated. I also believe that most shots should be calculated & adjusted properly with an ND/PL. After seeing other videos similar on Youtube proves that you don't always need to stay in one direction. I was always under the impression that you couldn't change direction without ruining the shot. Plus, less glare, better saturation with the cinematic look makes me lean towards the ND/PL's. I shoot in many situations such as snow, water scenes & land, ND/PL's may be my best friend. Thanks, Ray

Last edited:
I played around with them in front of my computer monitor to find where the sweet spot was and then marked the bottom of the filter with a sharpie so that way I know that should be directly down.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

How do u do this? I didn't know there was a sweet spot. I have used them but sometimes just going from let's say 40' to 50' the picture will turn dark suddenly.

How do u do this? I didn't know there was a sweet spot. I have used them but sometimes just going from let's say 40' to 50' the picture will turn dark suddenly.
I believe that you need to rotate it using the horizon as the top 1/3'rd at 90 degrees to the sun of the shot. If anyone can elaborate on this, it would be appreciated. Thanks, Ray

What are you editing with? The color is awesome

This video I just used Final Cut Pro. All the color was from the Mavic, I believe I used the True Color setting. This was made before I learned about using D-Log and LUTS.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys