DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Testing Settings for night shots

Hexagon

Reactions
After a few tutorials I found myself trying to get a nice night shot with my Mavic. Yesterday I was disappointed since my long exposure tests where horrible. It was a bit windy and I was about 2km away over the sea trying to get the beautiful full moon scenery. Long exposure shots require that the mavic has to be rock still in order to work. So, I watched the tutorials all over again and decided to capture a few shots from a standing point without flying. Tried iso 100 and 8 seconds, then 4 seconds, 2 seconds, iso 400, automatic settings and so on and so forth.. I was capturing both jpg and raw at the same time. I consider myself a total n00b in photography, yet I like it a lot and will try to learn a few things. I was amazed by the result. Yesterday's moon was like a banana, however today I was amazed, maybe not good for a photographer but very nice to my eyes. that was the best one... Settings where iso 100, 8 sec shutter, 16:9, DNG, d-cinelike and manual focus. Whole new world for me :)

Thx mav!

Untitled-1.jpg

Reactions: frankiez
I read, Mavic lacking infinity focus, to focus on farthest away light source then frame your shot.

Like branch on left of your image.

Reactions: tangomike7
I was using manual focus (morelike playing with it), maybe that was my mistake. Biggest problem is that to get long exposure shots from the air you should only fly on an very calm night. Otherwise everything goes bananas

Thanks for posting that. I'm trying to figure out if I can safely fly this thing at night and if I can get decent images (camera or video); I'm not a great photographer but have some knowledge and would like suggestions that will help me take better images.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan