DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Air graduated to a full 45 degree Yaw.

My mavic air has done the same quick yaw of about a 1/4 turn on almost every takeoff within first minute of flight. 567 flights as of today.
I dont worry about it anymore
Same here, I expect it now so I fly it a few meters up let it hover and let it do its yaw thing to get it out of the way then I fly. But yesterday was different, I brought it up to a hover and waited for it to yaw which it does within a minute. It didnt, so I said I will let another minute go by....nothing so I decided to let it sit in a 2 meter hover and waited patiently...then all of a sudden I, look at the time in flight and its 6 minutes... I said ok this is one of the times it's not going to do it..So I switch to SPORT mode and within 3 seconds WHAM...it yawed.....about a 20 degree yaw...so I then decided with the remaining battery life, fly...

I always get people to say post the .dat file theres information there needed in order to determine an issue, well theres 2 here. I have no idea if they can get any valuable information there...but they are here....
Have you tried posting this to the dji forum? I've seen them escalate issues to help the forum members/customers.

You figure we post the issue amongst many many others and I believe with a little engineering thought from DJI they would come up with a fix. I've gone through 2 major updates hoping one of them would of cured the tick...nada, zilch, elzero......
Post away, this forum is a user forum, not a DJI monitored site

Lots of chat but not a single data file posted for analysis!
I had them posted and no one seemed interested in analyzing them so I deleted for my reasons it was going on 3 days not a bite...

Wow, interesting especially there are so may members affected by the same issue.

I normally charge forward and upwards with stick immediately after launch ( trying to act like a pro. [emoji28]), so hardly notice anythg.

Guess i will try to let it hover a while to see if i have the same issue.

Thks guys for highlighting!

Wow, interesting especially there are so may members affected by the same issue.

I normally charge forward and upwards with stick immediately after launch ( trying to act like a pro. [emoji28]), so hardly notice anythg.

Try it, you might like it, well maybe not..

• Haha
Reactions: Air_Joe
I am glad I hold my eyes true to the Mavic Air because I keep thinking of what was inline of the 45 degree yaw. If I did not see the yaw and proceeded, I would of crashed into a very expensive car. It's wasn't the very expensive car that would of been damaged that scared me, it was the owner of the very expensive car I'm kind of scared of.... if you ever looked into his eyes.....forget it I won't go there..but yeah, the owner ...So DJI please fix the issue. I want to live to fly your drones for awhile longer..
Owner IBM?

Interesting - so you don't bother allowing it to record a good solid Home Point before you go flying? Straight up to approx 10m is the recommended take-off, to allow it to record a visual as well as GPS location for RTH

Reactions: Air_Joe and Dan C
I had them posted and no one seemed interested in analyzing them so I deleted for my reasons it was going on 3 days not a bite...

There are only a few members who analyze DAT file data, and I'm sure that they don't see every thread that's started. I certainly don't have time to sift through the threads looking to see who needs help. PM or tag if you need assistance.

Reactions: BenAir
Interesting - so you don't bother allowing it to record a good solid Home Point before you go flying? Straight up to approx 10m is the recommended take-off, to allow it to record a visual as well as GPS location for RTH

Most of the time i fly in huge open spaces, will hear home point alert almost immediately, i would just take a look at the map to make sure its around my vicinity, i normally would only fly within 1km.
Normal take off 8-12 satellites, once i go higher 16.

Thks for your advice! Cheers

My air does a quick yaw to the left at about 10 feet above the ground on many take-offs. It has done that from the first flight. At first I thought that I might have moved the stick. I ignore it now. The drone behaves perfectly in flight but can get squirrely when I land it in my covered patio in gusty winds. I have two Sparks and they are always well mannered in the same situation so I was probably too complacent at first. I've kinda blamed it on the avoidance system being on both ends fly and I fly it like it's in atti mode now. I enter the patio perfectly square sideways but still it drifts more than I think it should. Poor piloting skills could be to blame;)

Same issue for a while now.
Visible when I do my sunrise/ sunsets.
Mavic Air will YAW to the right slowly without input.
Yes I calibrated the controller and I have to calibrate the compass almost every flight.
Cannot take off without calibrating.

I have the same issue too. Just a slight yaw to the right. This happens even after compass calibration. I've also calibrated the joysticks. All latest firmwares. Oh, and I've calibrated IMU's too.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock