DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The answer to MM FPV - Glasses solution!

mike150

Reactions
I know this has discussed at length and I have tried all sorts of things but I have a cheap and easy solution that works, £43 and you can fly FPV :cool: ...…………………...

FIIT Glasses, £34

USB Type C to Type C 1M extension lead £9

Now its not as good as DJI goggles, there are a few downsides...……………...
- Its a bit tricky to put your phone in
- Its very difficult to press a button on your phone screen but the only control I miss is the flight mode, your quick shots couldn't really be done with the glasses on
- light gets in and greys your view but no worse than on a sunny day and trying to see your phone screen anyway, just turn to face the sun and its fine

Now while this works I wanted to fly up to a mile away and have FPV so I've consequently bought a second hand Mavic Pro and DJI goggles as the Mini's down falls IMO are range, wind and lack of FPV goggle support. The only thing is that I need my reading glasses on to fly with the goggles and I don't with the FIIT Glasses. I'm now considering selling my Mini as the Pro, while old and the software isn't quite as good it does what I want.:cool:

Reactions: Malcx
You can also buy the same goggles on aliexpress for £15 with a cable for £3. Sure I might have to wait a few weeks for it but that is suddenly worth a bit of a punt...

You can also buy the same goggles on aliexpress for £15 with a cable for £3. Sure I might have to wait a few weeks for it but that is suddenly worth a bit of a punt...
I tried a lie press but they don't ship to me and I wanted a really good quality cable as Id heard of people buying cheap ones and they didn't work.

I tried a lie press but they don't ship to me and I wanted a really good quality cable as Id heard of people buying cheap ones and they didn't work.
Ahh maybe you just got unlucky and looked before there were multiple sellers carrying these. I looked at the top few and they all ship to "United Kingdom" so should be fine for NI?

And yes there is an art to finding good quality cables on AE, and knowing which reviews to trust - I'd done it enough to be pretty confident in my purchases now :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760