DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Arris Raptor landing skids for M2P and M2Z are available now! (Great for hand landing)

Something that I didn't expect from the form of these skids was how I could see it's turning at much further distances than without them. This made flying VLOS much easier.

Without the pontoons, it was also very responsive to input on the sticks. In fact, I couldn't tell any difference in the handling vs. without them.

And, it was nice to not scalp my grass when landing without a landing pad.

As a new design, the product will most likely go through a few improvements not unlike any other new product. As more people use it and provide feedback, the maker can adjust the product accordingly.

Just a reminder to all participants to please make constructive post. We are all here to learn more about & enjoy the Mavic Series.

Something that I didn't expect from the form of these skids was how I could see it's turning at much further distances than without them. This made flying VLOS much easier.

Without the pontoons, it was also very responsive to input on the sticks. In fact, I couldn't tell any difference in the handling vs. without them.

And, it was nice to not scalp my grass when landing without a landing pad.

Lets see a short video on hand launching and catching with the skids.

Reactions: Kilrah
USPS didn't tell me when it was in the area until this morning.

I know he's a one man band that's flooded with a ton of orders to fill, so I'm confident he will take care of everyone.

Like I said, he now needs to jump into reinforcing the rear attachment points around the motors, so I'm guessing he's going to do the best he can instead of as fast as he can.

well one man band or not stretching the facts does not make for happy customers...Was told I'd have it last Sat and just now got the tracking info below...4 days from printing the label (on Sat) to dropping it off at the post office...not exactly busting his butt in my view...

Tracking History
September 12, 2018, 9:45 am
USPS in possession of item
HENRICO, VA 23229
USPS is now in possession of your item as of 9:45 am on September 12, 2018 in HENRICO, VA 23229.
September 8, 2018, 9:06 am
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
HENRICO, VA 23229

I didn't doubt you. Heck, I've regulary got stuff coming from Europe and Far East with no shipping info and it arrives 1-2 months later because it took 2-3 weeks for them to get it to the Post Office.

Sure, it's nerve racking, but I have to remember that there must have been a a good reason I'm going thru it... It's almost always because it's something that isn't sold in the US or is completely unique in some fashion.

It's not unusual. This is just one other thread trending this evening...

Looks nice! Do they come with the floating foam is that is seperate?
The pontoons are basic pool noodles, but they have these tracks mounted in them that interlock with the skids.

They are an option at the time of checkout.1536806555018.jpeg

I gave the owner a call and had another nice conversation with him about these skids.
He reminded me that they have a LIFETIME warranty and any suggestions for design improvements are always welcome and appreciated.
In all fairness, I will disclose the only potential issue that I've seen in my 20 minutes of ownership is that Reaper (my drone's name...my former radio call sign as a Casualty Notification and Assistance Officer in the military) is sitting a tad bit lower on the bow than I think it should.
This is feedback I just texted to the owner with this picture from my pool.
But, let's be honest, if I'm too lazy to go buy a pool noodle at Dollar General and do some trimming on it, I would be to lazy to be playing with water landings in the first place.
Right?View attachment 46269

Clearly, any wave action and the Mavic will fall forward into the water. Making the floats larger will only cause more wind drag and interfere with the camera view. My opinion is that these floats will only serve to keep your Mavic floating upside down on the waters' surface enabling easy recovery in the event of an unwanted water landing.

And the very simple styrofoam balls used by some for nearly 2 years on the MP don't have that problem...
I didn't own a MP or MPP, but these skids were very popular with owners of those.

I'm thinking the skids were carried over from those.

With the M2 being heavier, this would explain the dip in front, given the forward COG...

But, being a hobbyist, I love to mod my toys.20180912_153648.jpeg20180912_153802.jpeg20180912_153819.jpeg

I guess hand catching was not working so well!
I'm not able to walk sometimes, like now, because I'm missing part of my right foot from being injured in the military.

But, I guess you're happy to blame the drone skids.

I don't care.

I'm not able to walk sometimes, like now, because I'm missing part of my right foot from being injured in the military.

But, I guess you're happy to blame the drone skids.

I don't care.

I was hoping you were going to show us how it is done like you stated!

Someone help me understand this mod. Do the people that buy these live on a lake or next to a river? Short of it being in a pool with no water movement, I cant imagine this setup working in any other application. Not that I want to see someone dunk their $1500 drone, but no way its sitting upright with any current or wave.

I think I'd like to have the skids with pontoons on while flying over water.
Some things to consider: How much would it reduce your Mavic's speed, flight time and ability to resist wind?
Is your drone more likely to come back to you handicapped with this?
It's hard to answer without actual information.

I'm just curious that only one person has given feedback on their use of these. Is there nobody else who has bought these and can give feedback on their experience? I have ordered it and will give feedback after trying them. I am very new to drones as this my first drone. I am hoping they don't cause any sensor performance issues.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
I'm just curious that only one person has given feedback on their use of these. Is there nobody else who has bought these and can give feedback on their experience? I have ordered it and will give feedback after trying them. I am very new to drones as this my first drone. I am hoping they don't cause any sensor performance issues.
Great question. I've been scratching my head over why so many other owners haven't stepped up and shared their experience.

Maybe they don't know about this group.

I was orginally concerned about how they would affect the sensors too.

But, mine haven't caused a single issue with any of my M2's sensors with or without the flotation pontoons attached.

In fact, the only criticisms I've ever heard of was from people that admitted they have never tried them, with one exception of one person that chose to slam them here and return them instead of contacting iRepairMD to resolve whatever issue they had. (I can't even remember what it was...)

Notably, they also come with a lifetime warranty, so that's nice. :)

They were developed by the same guy that owns the iRepairMD company, so he rightly takes pride in supporting his products very seriously.

If there's any problem with them, give him a chance and I'm confident he'll address it. :)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer