DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Azores

TomJay1979

Reactions
Hi,

Took my Mavic to the Azores in July and visited the islands of Sao Miguel, Pico and Sao Jorge. Sadly, we also went to the island of Faial but conditions were to bad to fly.

So, here is the final result it was filmed in D - Cinelike with +1 sharpness - 1 Contrast and -1 Saturation.

Let me know your thoughts!

Hi,

Took my Mavic to the Azores in July and visited the islands of Sao Miguel, Pico and Sao Jorge. Sadly, we also went to the island of Faial but conditions were to bad to fly.

So, here is the final result it was filmed in D - Cinelike with +1 sharpness - 1 Contrast and -1 Saturation.

Wow amazing footage ! Excellent editing also! Im Portuguese and never visited Açores its very beautiful.
Incredible how u managed to capture the eagle? That was very close to a strike!!!

I was told by the locals it was Buzzard and by sheer luck it just decided to appear; it did come around again when it seemed to have decided the drone was no bother! But, do go the Azores it is truly an amazing place!

Hi,

That looks stunning. Did you use any post production or filters?

That looks stunning. Did you use any post production or filters?

Many thanks for the kind words! Didn't use any filters although could have done with some - as for post production I did it all in Final Cut, tried a few plug ins such as Pixel Film Studios and Film Convert but I found just using colour correction in Final Cut was perfect really and D - Cinelike gave the best start for doing that.

Reactions: mavic6611
Really really impressive! How did you pan up so smooth. I'm still learning but my gimbal panning up is too fast and jerky. Do you pan up very slow then speed up in post?

Thats some great work right there, sure the location helps but you've filmed it beautifully. Its stuff like this that made me get a Mavic in the first place. Now I just need to learn how to use it like that!

Many thanks for the kind words! Didn't use any filters although could have done with some - as for post production I did it all in Final Cut, tried a few plug ins such as Pixel Film Studios and Film Convert but I found just using colour correction in Final Cut was perfect really and D - Cinelike gave the best start for doing that.
Thanks for your reply on that. Well done you've captured some amazing cinematography there!

Really really impressive! How did you pan up so smooth. I'm still learning but my gimbal panning up is too fast and jerky. Do you pan up very slow then speed up in post?

Best thing to do is go in the Gimbal settings and put the Gimbal Pitch Speed to about 10 and change the Gimbal Pitch Smoothness to about 20 - i have actually gone to about 10 before but have a play around and see what works for you!

Reactions: _InTheFeels_
Thats some great work right there, sure the location helps but you've filmed it beautifully. Its stuff like this that made me get a Mavic in the first place. Now I just need to learn how to use it like that!

may thanks!

Sorry to revive a necro thread but awesome video. I'm heading there at the end of the month with the GF, hopefully I'll get a few non-rainy days to put my drone up.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake