DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The controller is glitchy...

Brian_MavicPro

Reactions
The Air 2S controller right-stick that moves the aircraft left or right in MODE 2 (default) is glitchy. Got the Air 2S on 23 April. Updated to the latest firmware and charged my fly-more combo batteries and controller to full. Wasted one full battery setting up the controller and camera and calibrating the gimbal and compass.

I took it out for a flight and found a very unexpected characteristic. As I was flying, I decided to perform my typical manual point of interest pan, as I flew by an interesting building. The result was no ability to control the aircraft left or right from the right controller stick. Thus, you don't get to both yaw and pan motion at the same time.

I stopped the aircraft and simply gave left and right input from the right stick...NOTHING happened. Very odd. I continued nonetheless to get a few photos and a bit more video. All the while I only used the yaw function to turn the drone...very annoying. As I came back, I decided to put the drone in cinematic mode. I was able to move left and right again. I put it back to normal/precision mode and the sticks remained in working condition. Upon landing, and observing all settings, I could find no reason for the controller behaving like this.

Lastly, I am uncertain of this being a glitch but my controller defaulted to the non-follow mode for the gimbal. I did not figure this out until I flew it, lol. Just bringing this up because I am "almost" certain that I did not choose to adjust this as I was setting it up. Anyone else getting odd results or settings defaulting unexpectedly?

I have notice a similar issue with the MA2( usually more speed related but on a few occasions it was Right stick no bueno) but found it only seemed to happen if I powered up, launched and started flying right away without giving the drone an opportunity to 'center its qi' so to speak. And, like you, I found that by switching modes out of and then back in to what I wanted on the controller that seemed to clear the error. It might by a glitch or fault but I found a solution as well as a workaround that worked for me. Give it time to finds its inner peace before flying or change modes while in flight if I forgot to respect its need for a moment of clarity.

I have notice a similar issue with the MA2( usually more speed related but on a few occasions it was Right stick no bueno) but found it only seemed to happen if I powered up, launched and started flying right away without giving the drone an opportunity to 'center its qi' so to speak. And, like you, I found that by switching modes out of and then back in to what I wanted on the controller that seemed to clear the error. It might by a glitch or fault but I found a solution as well as a workaround that worked for me. Give it time to finds its inner peace before flying or change modes while in flight if I forgot to respect its need for a moment of clarity.
It’s likely that you’ve hit the icon turns off sideways flying

Reactions: codyg14
It’s likely that you’ve hit the icon turns off sideways flying
Nope, checked all that as the problem has shown up plus I launch with the joysticks and not on screen, and like I said its usually about slow airspeed, probably 9 out of 10 times that's the only issue. My dog gets very pissy about being able to chase her favorite toy NOW so sometimes I've been in a rush to get her bird up in the air( occasionally without even connecting a display) only to be stuck at about 10mph. As soon as I see it though now I know to move from Normal to Tripod or Sport and then back again and my speed is fine. Once in awhile my side to side does the same thing and I check all settings are normal and the icon on the left side of the screen is fine( if I have it connected) but if I toggle to a different mode it clears right up. And it never happens if I take things slowly allowing the drone to move from one step to the next at its own pace. When the dog isn't around I've run many an experiment where I turn on the drone, with and without a phone or tablet, and just launch right away followed by then doing it a bit slower, step by step, and the only time I have a speed or sidestick control issue is when I quick launch. Same exact motions and button presses but an extra 20-30 seconds spent means not having the issue for me.

Following up on the "glitchy controller". After going through the settings and options in the safety of my living room, I discovered an interesting on-screen feature that may have caused this issue. Right above the auto takeoff button (left side of your viewing device screen) is an unsuspecting "delta-V" symbol that you will eventually encounter, either by mistake or on purpose. This blue or white symbol will respond to your finger on the touch screen and toggle on/off (blue or white). This symbol relates to the system's obstacle avoidance. If accidentally touched, you will find the symbol turns blue and you lose the ability to move right or left using the right side controller stick. Simply touch that symbol again(turns white) and you will have the left-right function once more.

In conclusion, it's not a glitch but a poorly located touch screen button that you will accidentally touch at some point and lose your mind. You have been warned, lol.

Reactions: hiflyer201

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src1972