DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Droning Company pilot Timothy Brazzel takes you on a drone roofing inspection.

Interesting.
I'm an insurance adjuster and drone pilot, and use my drone often to capture inspection photos.

Reactions: The Droning Company
Interesting video which brought up some thoughts. First of all, I am interested that you actually posted your clients' address in that Google Earth fly-over: did they consent to that? The company that I do work for first of all would never let me even post something like this video in the first place, but I expect they'd be giving birth to kittens if I also posted the address--this may be a different situation if you are strictly working for yourself, but I'd be really leery about posting anyone's address like that.

Second, your job reminded me how much I hate these jobs where the houses are ten feet apart. Did you have any contact with neighbors telling them that A) you were going to be flying over their house (by necessity) and B) that you were absolutely not filming them or their property or family members? I have found that this is somewhat on a neighborhood-by-neighborhood basis, but when I have done it I have only had people respond with thanks for letting them know and it's all cool thereafter. (Sometimes they get in to it and want to see how it works and once the guy ended up buying his own drone!)

But always good to see someone doing this sort of stuff, and making it accessible to others.

Thanks for sharing.

I agree that the address should have been at least blurred out (easy to do in post).

This "roof inspection" is one of the simplest I've seen. Most of the ones I have done include lower flying (or zoomed) shots to be able to see 10-foot sections of the entire roof. Even the jobs I have done for roofing companies' "new roof" installations expect more than what was asked for in the video.

The key takeaway is to make sure you get the images/video requested by the client.

Thanks for sharing.

I agree that the address should have been at least blurred out (easy to do in post).

This "roof inspection" is one of the simplest I've seen. Most of the ones I have done include lower flying (or zoomed) shots to be able to see 10-foot sections of the entire roof. Even the jobs I have done for roofing companies' "new roof" installations expect more than what was asked for in the video.

The key takeaway is to make sure you get the images/video requested by the client.
Couldn't agree more about the simplicity of the job--I was jealous...! 😆 Recently had one about a quarter of a mile from the airport and the building was big and high enough that I had to go up to 100' right near the downwind leg of the pattern--not great for the heart...... There were all sorts of shots I had to do that were not in this example!

Reactions: GFields

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1