DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Fable of my friend Careful Carl

Former Member

Reactions
My friend Careful Carl thinks long and hard about his decisions. Some people say he thinks too hard and loses alot of opportunities in his deliberations. Careful Carl has been drone shopping for 2 years now. He hasn't bought one because when he was looking at buying the Phantom 3 Standard, he heard there was going to be a new model, the Phantom 3 Professional coming out in a few months. He waited 6 more months, and sure enough, the Phantom 3 Pro was coming out. Now he had a problem. Which one to buy? He decided to wait, and just read the forums and watch Youtube videos. He had never flown a drone before. Before you know it, he heard of the Phantom 3 Advanced coming out. He didnt want to take a chance of buying the wrong drone, so he decided to wait again. The along came the Phantom 4.

What would you do if you were Careful Carl?

I would change my name to Pensive Paul and then imbibe so that my decision to spend the funds on a drone that met all of my "current" needs would be that much easier.

While making the purchase I would slowly chant my mantra "Yesterdays History, Tomorrows a Mystery, and thats while they call this the Present" This would help reassure me that life is short and one needs to act rather than contemplate acting.

I would change my name to Pensive Paul and then imbibe so that my decision to spend the funds on a drone that met all of my "current" needs would be that much easier.

While making the purchase I would slowly chant my mantra "Yesterdays History, Tomorrows a Mystery, and thats while they call this the Present" This would help reassure me that life is short and one needs to act rather than contemplate acting.

Oh, but that might unleash Carls buyers remorse. Another tale for another day...

Reactions: old man mavic
I have seen a lot of Carl's on here. I would tell Carl, as I always do, sieze the day. Get what you can afford now, fly it and have fun. The longer you wait, the more great flying days you miss.

BTW, this really wasnt directed at Carl! Just a name I picked out of a hat...
you got some good answers this time perhaps Carl likes reading about drones on forums rather than flying them its a shame life is passing him by and if he finds out about all the new rules coming soon he will never get a drone

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78