DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Girl in A Forest

Yeah the music is one of the best songs from The Cure- it's called A Forest.

Ciao Rob

Dear all, I made a video to a chosen song, it's like a music video, tried to fly the Mavic 2 Pro not always in high position, more then use it like a flying camera.

Ciao Rob

Amazing video! Great job and super creative! I huge fan of trees and The Cure! Do you need licenses or approval from the band to use this audio? Just curious. Sure you would if you were attempting to sell the video. Keep up the great work! Just got the MA2 a few months back and loving it!

Reactions: Jatekman
Again big hands to all for your great and positive feedback!

All shots done with Mavic 2 Pro, the rotating tree from below is a photo, tried to film this but to shaky.

The song I used is of course copyrighted but the only reaction from YouTube in this cases is, that the video can not be moneytized, that's no problem for me.
I have used very popular music like Depeche Mode or Metallica and always just this notice from YouTube, in this case with the music from The Cure also noted that the video is blocked in France and some littlee islands- so this was ok for me.

Wondering a little bit about the many likes, my last vid posted here- Humbling River- is similar made- many lowshots, story, black and white, even playing characters- and not a word feedback, well maybe it's the music that some here likes.

Ciao Rob
The Cure would love this I'm sure! Thanks for the note regarding the ability to use music files. I like your taste in music!

That was a really interesting concept. It's difficult to make flying a drone slowly in a forest interesting. With the Cure as the sound track it's hard to go wrong though...lol... I like the way you backed out of the video the way you went in and in B/W also.

I too think it would be a bit more engaging/intriguing if you had a few more snippets of the girl in places. I kept looking for her in the drone shots. Even a girls hat on the forest floor in some of the overhead shots might have made you think you were looking down or her. Or, hanging a summer dress off in the distance in a way that appeared she was standing way back there might have been fun. This is not a criticism. You made a very cool video and I'm sure you had a lot of nervous takes as you flew between limbs. Nice work on that.

I look forward to more of your creative and inspiring concepts...

Thank you very much for all positive feedback, I didn't expect so much reaction.
The editor I am using is Magix Pro X, sometimes I create a LUT in DaVinci for using in Magix.
For the song I don't have a license so the video can be not monetized and also- that is new and first time for me- it is blocked in France and some other small islands.
Maybe it is a good idea to show Robert Smith the video, for the song there was never a good video ?

Ciao Rob

Reactions: lowellton
Thank you very much for all positive feedback, I didn't expect so much reaction.
The editor I am using is Magix Pro X, sometimes I create a LUT in DaVinci for using in Magix.
For the song I don't have a license so the video can be not monetized and also- that is new and first time for me- it is blocked in France and some other small islands.
Maybe it is a good idea to show Robert Smith the video, for the song there was never a good video ?

Ciao Rob
I’m sure Robert Smith and The Cure will be happy to see this video.

That was a really interesting concept. It's difficult to make flying a drone slowly in a forest interesting. With the Cure as the sound track it's hard to go wrong though...lol... I like the way you backed out of the video the way you went in and in B/W also.

I too think it would be a bit more engaging/intriguing if you had a few more snippets of the girl in places. I kept looking for her in the drone shots. Even a girls hat on the forest floor in some of the overhead shots might have made you think you were looking down or her. Or, hanging a summer dress off in the distance in a way that appeared she was standing way back there might have been fun. This is not a criticism. You made a very cool video and I'm sure you had a lot of nervous takes as you flew between limbs. Nice work on that.

I look forward to more of your creative and inspiring concepts...

Yeah maybe it would be better to do more shots at/from the girl- in an indirect way like you suggest- it is the main role in the vid, it could be more shown.
Some people said, yeah nice but to much forest and to less shots from the girl.
Yeah I guess you are right, these are things you realize after getting the feedbacks- thanx for pointing this out.

Ciao Rob

Again big hands to all for your great and positive feedback!

All shots done with Mavic 2 Pro, the rotating tree from below is a photo, tried to film this but to shaky.

The song I used is of course copyrighted but the only reaction from YouTube in this cases is, that the video can not be moneytized, that's no problem for me.
I have used very popular music like Depeche Mode or Metallica and always just this notice from YouTube, in this case with the music from The Cure also noted that the video is blocked in France and some littlee islands- so this was ok for me.

Wondering a little bit about the many likes, my last vid posted here- Humbling River- is similar made- many lowshots, story, black and white, even playing characters- and not a word feedback, well maybe it's the music that some here likes.

Ciao Rob
The music makes it! GREAT song!

Yeah The Cure made some great songs, love them till today.

Ciao Rob

Dear all, I would like to thank all the positive feedback and interests for the video and thank you very much for the likes you given.
I am happy with this feedback for the video and the acceptance.

Ciao Rob

After hearing all this feedback I figured out that it would have been better to give the main subject - the girl, even that the girl never been there, as the lyrics tells us - more space and more visible appearance.
That would be a good antagonist for the main role, searching again and again for something that is just a wish and not real life.

Ciao Rob

Reactions: lowellton
After hearing all this feedback I figured out that it would have been better to give the main subject - the girl, even that the girl never been there, as the lyrics tells us - more space and more visible appearance.
That would be a good antagonist for the main role, searching again and again for something that is just a wish and not real life.

Ciao Rob
Sometimes it better to imply the 'want'.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Ciao Rob

After getting so much positive feedback I realized how important the musics role in a video is.
I guess the pictures are the body of the video and the music/sound ist the soul.
Seen many vids with very good pictures but lame music - overall a quite good vid.
Seen many vids with average pictures but very good music and well cutted - overall a very good vid.
I guess the music is responsible for the emotions and the flow of a video.

Ciao Rob

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J