DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The hardest part of flying a drone...

I'm very new to remote piloting an aircraft, but currently the hardest part for me is waiting for DJI to finally ship my order...
Ordered a Mavic Air a week ago and still processing. I think I'm spoiled by Amazon Prime.
There is something wrong. Give DJI a call. Orders ship in 1 business day.

Reactions: hansinla
Just got mine from eBay. Had 2 day shipping for a brand new unit for less than DJI had advertised. Now, if I could get more time away from work and the wife, I’d go fly some more. That and a few more batteries. 1 ain’t cuttin’ it.

I purchased a manufacturer refurb MA from an authorised dealer on eBay. I saved a small fortune and the drone was like new!

Still without a drone, but at least it has arrived in the US after 11 days. However, the wait could possibly last a little longer. So far, I'm not impressed with DJI, hopefully the flying experience will make up for it.
  • Friday , 7/26/2019
    2:35 am
    MEMPHIS, TN
    Clearance delay - Import
  • 1:40 am
    MEMPHIS, TN
    In transit
    Package available for clearance
  • 1:35 am
    MEMPHIS, TN
    Clearance delay - Import
    Clearance instructions from the importer are required.
  • 12:17 am
    MEMPHIS, TN
    Arrived at FedEx location

Still without a drone, but at least it has arrived in the US after 11 days. However, the wait could possibly last a little longer. So far, I'm not impressed with DJI, hopefully the flying experience will make up for it.
  • Friday , 7/26/2019
    2:35 am
    MEMPHIS, TN
    Clearance delay - Import
  • 1:40 am
    MEMPHIS, TN
    In transit
    Package available for clearance
  • 1:35 am
    MEMPHIS, TN
    Clearance delay - Import
    Clearance instructions from the importer are required.
  • 12:17 am
    MEMPHIS, TN
    Arrived at FedEx location
Have you paid the tariffs? :)

Before You fly a drone or during the waiting period of receiving the drone I suggest that you read the manual more then once as there are a lot to learn. I have been using the drone for about 4 years and reading the forums and other drone news always helps. I am using the Litchi program to program missions from my computer. I test missions with the Google Earth. This will put me in a safe position since once the mission started the drone is not dependent with the remote any more provided that you are not flying in a NFZ. I suggest that you always do a Compass Calibration before every flight to ensure that the Home point is saved.

Disagree. The hardest part flying the drone is coordinating for weather & batteries. It never seems optimal, both batteries fully charged nite before & doldrum dry conditions less solar heating onto electronics.

Whoops, forgot one more hardship, those manned air space vehicles, they seem to appear daylight and cease graveyard hours. They disturb connectivity and spoil recordings should they be captured.

The hardest part for me was convincing my wife that I needed one. After that, everything seemed easy.
Hint: If your wife asks you why you need a $1000+ drone when you can buy one for $100, ask her if she would be happy with a $100 sewing machine from Walmart (if she sews, if not, make it a bicycle, Kayak, food processor, shoes, whatever she is into).

somehow whenever nonessentials are in wanton, there's reluctance to the cost that it will entertain. For example elders titanium stud their dentals whilst the unfortunate resort to relinquishing ribeye & corn on the cob. 3rd world Cateracts are now blessed by technology advances readily restoring vision, an essential in life survive.
So we drone cinematography enthusiasts are pretty much considered financially capable shelling out demanded pricings, some into several models as well.

Pay attention to the problems others have experienced, such as:
1 Undetected magnetic interference (due to choice of takeoff location) resulting in crash of the drone.
2 premature takeoff (before homepoint has been established)
3 flying under things (bridges, trees, porches, blocking signals) and disconnect instructions set to return to home
4 Not being cognizant of the wind the drone is experiencing and it’s effect on battery required to return home.
These are just a few of the things I’ve seen repeatedly on this forum.

I'm very new to remote piloting an aircraft, but currently the hardest part for me is waiting for DJI to finally ship my order...
Ordered a Mavic Air a week ago and still processing. I think I'm spoiled by Amazon Prime.
The best thing you can do while waiting is to order some Master Airscrew Stealth v2 props. It will be the best investment you can make for your Mavic Air. DJI Mavic Air STEALTH Upgrade Propellers - x4 Magenta I got the magenta, looks good on the white or black MA

The best thing you can do while waiting is to order some Master Airscrew Stealth v2 props. It will be the best investment you can make for your Mavic Air. DJI Mavic Air STEALTH Upgrade Propellers - x4 Magenta I got the magenta, looks good on the white or black MA
Not to discount the above, even though my preference is OEM props for warranty purposes (let’s don’t derail the thread), but the best thing to do while waiting is to read the complete 60 page manual.

DJI actually had a good deal going on the Mavic Air + Fly More Pkg (during Prime Days). But if I would've paid extra on Amazon, I would have had the drone for a week right now. My biggest problem was that I wasn't familiar with any of the suppliers on Amazon. Lesson learned.
The refurbished units are like brand new. I have a P4, two P4A and a Mavic Air all refurbished. Buy Mavic Air Fly More Combo Arctic White (Refurbished Unit) - DJI Store $799 I got mine from eBay authorized dealer with all these extras. Sorry they are all gone. DJI Mavic Air - Arctic White Drone - Fly More COMBO Plus Starter Kit 190021305885 | eBay

The hardest part of flying a drone for me is staying under 400’AGL. As aviation has been my background almost my entire adult life, I keep wanting to go higher and higher and higher. I’ve done real good at abiding by the laws, but it doesn’t come without a few curse words every time I think about it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi